Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-11-2007, 10:03 PM   #11

Re: What does the future hold for Orey?

Ratting may well be his thing Dawn either that or find someone who drag hunts
Sal is the same though adores the udges the other dogs the audience. Especialy the hot dog sellers. But hates standing Tess has never had a go as its not my thing really. But my two adore flyball.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #12

Can I ask what flyball is? I know there is a clue in the name, is it just a game or is it something more?

Personally I think Oreys future is with me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
09-11-2007, 11:30 PM   #13

Its running over a set of jumps, pushing the pad at the end and a tennis ball pops off! The dog has to catch the ball and bring it back over the jumps, as fast as he can!

Im sure if you had Orey, he would be back with me by return of post!! He isnt the easiest dog I have ever had, he's a fruit loop!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-11-2007, 09:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Its running over a set of jumps, pushing the pad at the end and a tennis ball pops off! The dog has to catch the ball and bring it back over the jumps, as fast as he can!

Im sure if you had Orey, he would be back with me by return of post!! He isnt the easiest dog I have ever had, he's a fruit loop!

Eva is the most difficult cat I have ever had and I wouldnt part with her

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
10-11-2007, 03:55 PM   #15

He is gorgeous. But cant comment on what you should do with him as I have never owned a dog. Cant he just be a pet or because of his breed does he has to do something?

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
He is gorgeous. But cant comment on what you should do with him as I have never owned a dog. Cant he just be a pet or because of his breed does he has to do something?
Thanks Donna.

To do nothing isnt an option for a working terrier breed, they need to do something, people believing they make good pets only, is what has given Border welfare a huge task in rehoming young energetic dogs that dissappear down holes and chase everything that moves. They are a breed that gets into trouble.

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2007, 05:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Thanks Donna.

To do nothing isnt an option for a working terrier breed, they need to do something, people believing they make good pets only, is what has given Border welfare a huge task in rehoming young energetic dogs that dissappear down holes and chase everything that moves. They are a breed that gets into trouble.
A bit like a Stafford really The major reason and age for rehoming is 10/12months- 3/4 years and the major reason too lively I think. (even if the people say other things). However I think you get used to the breed and what one person considers a nightmare a Stafford owner considers easy peasy.. ...thats because Staffs drive you to insanity and beyond.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
10-11-2007, 06:31 PM   #18

Thanks ladies!! So what dogs would you class as ideal just as a pet... just so I get the idea!! Or are all dogs designed to do somethng?

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #19

Good first pet IMO, a well bred Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #20

Yes I would say thats about right, although a few dogs were bred to be nothing more, nothing less than pets.
The Shihtzu, bichon frise to name a couple. but have to say a CKCS is just about the best option for a new starter but always from a good breeder as they are prone to heart and eye troubles.

Are you considering having a dog then?