Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
03-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #1

Poor Choc

I had gone to bed at quarter to 7,I am sooooo tired.
Anyway the dogs just would not settle in the kitchen because of the fireworks,so I tried having them in bed with me,Lil settled down right away but poor Choc just would not settle at all.
I have just given up and come down with him,poor pup was sitting on my head
I cant wait untill all this over.
Looks like Im up now untill they have all finished for the night or at least untill Ed is back

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-11-2007, 09:21 PM   #2

Re: Poor Choc

What a shame, poor Choc! And you not feeling well yourself...hope Ed gets home soon.....

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
What a shame, poor Choc! And you not feeling well yourself...hope Ed gets home soon.....
Me too Eileen,Im so tired and the pain killers are making me drowsy too but I just cant leave him in the kitchen,hes trying to dig himself under the cushions on the sofa at the moment

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
03-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #4

Awww poor Choc! I hate fireworks Going off here and giving me a headache!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-11-2007, 09:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
Me too Eileen,Im so tired and the pain killers are making me drowsy too but I just cant leave him in the kitchen,hes trying to dig himself under the cushions on the sofa at the moment
Does rescue remedy help with dogs? Sorry if that's a dumb question...
Too late now to do anything, but have you discussed a tranquilizer with your vet? The nurse where I worked had to use it with Shadow, her cockapoo, who absolutely fell apart at fireworks and bad thunderstorms...

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2007, 09:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Does rescue remedy help with dogs? Sorry if that's a dumb question...
Too late now to do anything, but have you discussed a tranquilizer with your vet? The nurse where I worked had to use it with Shadow, her cockapoo, who absolutely fell apart at fireworks and bad thunderstorms...
Yeah they can give them something and I meant to get something but totally forgot Our vets open for emergancies on sundays untill 10am,I may just ring them and seeif I can pop up and grab something.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-11-2007, 10:54 PM   #7

Erin not any good for now but may work for New Year and then onwars next year on the radio today a lady was on saying they desensitize dogs with a CD they make a CD that is constant fireworks no gaps inbetween as according to her the second or two between the firework allows the dog to settle down before barking/jumping again. So this is continous sound and you play it at a really low level so the dog just get used to it.....maybe worth looking into it takes few months for the efects to be seen but might be worth it for new year and then onward.....

I feel for you though I feel rough and can't go to bed as next door but 3 has decided to let off more firewrks in his back garden than the council display let off......Lord help us and althoug the girls are not bothered the whistling ones sound like they are coming into the house even with the telly on in all rooms. So can't do anything like sleep as the girls are fine while I am here but bark when the whistling ones go off. So I am up till he stops...if he is still going at 10.30 I am off round there to have a word.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-11-2007, 10:55 PM   #8

Oh can't take my pain killer either as they make me drowsy...

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2007, 11:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Erin not any good for now but may work for New Year and then onwars next year on the radio today a lady was on saying they desensitize dogs with a CD they make a CD that is constant fireworks no gaps inbetween as according to her the second or two between the firework allows the dog to settle down before barking/jumping again. So this is continous sound and you play it at a really low level so the dog just get used to it.....maybe worth looking into it takes few months for the efects to be seen but might be worth it for new year and then onward.....

I feel for you though I feel rough and can't go to bed as next door but 3 has decided to let off more firewrks in his back garden than the council display let off......Lord help us and althoug the girls are not bothered the whistling ones sound like they are coming into the house even with the telly on in all rooms. So can't do anything like sleep as the girls are fine while I am here but bark when the whistling ones go off. So I am up till he stops...if he is still going at 10.30 I am off round there to have a word.

Thats a really good idea thanks Kazz,Ill definately give it ago,the poor boy is still really unsettled and there are still quite a few fireworks going off around the estate and to top things off next door are having a party,they have got a Karaoke (sp) going on and they are being really loud
Really needing my bed now,hope Ed gets home soon.At least Ill be up for another lot of pain killers so should sleep well tonight!!