Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #1

Forget the kidney stones

Forget the kidney stones, people itappears I yes may have kidney stones but unikely they are causing the trouble - I have gallbadder trouble. Not sure what exactly waiting for a scan/xray thingy.

Not sure if its gallstoes or not.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
26-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #2

Re: Forget the kidney stones

oh Kazz (((hugs))) hope you find out whats wrong soon so something can be done about it,My dad had gallstones and was in alot of pain with them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-09-2007, 04:02 PM   #3

the good news is that if it is gallstones, then they can be removed very easily through keyhole surgery nowadays and you're back to normal within 2 weeks! fingers crossed for you Karen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #4

Whatever it is, I'm so sorry its causing you all this pain...my friend had gallbladder surgery after a severe attack; he was up and about in about 10 days and back to normal. And he's a lot older than you, Karen, and in poor health. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

26-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #5

Thanks all. It was a hell of a day. But the pain got so bad I ended up being taken from work today to the hospital, how much of a show up is that....... I was throwing up and looked according to all at work I was about to pass out well it seems I do not have a kidney infection/stones, but either cholecystitis (gallbladder trouble) or maybe gallstones I have been booked in for a scan,/xray and they are now reasonably convinced I have gallbladder trouble.
Sent home with painkillers and antispasmodic sort of tablets to top the gallbladder contracting going into spasms, and told to avoid fat.....

I feel fine now (Thanks to the tablets and injection I got I think however what started as pain in my back has now become a pain up under my ribs on the right hand side, the pain/discomfort builds up then stays the same (ie agony). The pain got so bad today it ended up to sort of in my right shoulder, between shoulderblades - odd eh - also nausea and vomiting. So all in all not to good and work was not quite the place I wanted to be although they were very good.

I am home now, and am waiting for an appointment for a scan. But hospital have said if it reoccurs or gets worse to get there toot sweet or phone and ambulance.
Great eh.

Sorry to ramble think its the tablets.

Catsey Veteran

26-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #6

Oh I have been told not to darken works doorstep again until I feel 1000000% just rang my Doctors as instructed and told there was a Doctors note there for a month.....Nah is my response to that. I was not off a month post cancer and radiotheraphy...so no chance.

Hopefully the tablets will work.

Catsey Veteran

26-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #7

I am rambling .....its the tablets I think. I'll shut up

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #8

How awful! Don't be stoic, please, if it gets worse do just what they said and get yourself into the hospital! xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
26-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #9

Ramble away as much as you like Kazz

Catsey Veteran

26-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #10

If I had not mentioned rambling I doubt anyone would have noticed. I am rambling, it could be normal rambling. Or tablet induced rambling.......so many different variations.