Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-09-2007, 05:13 PM   #1

Horror, shock, horror!!!!!

OK so I have quite smoking but I have gained a stone!!! OH nooooo I'm so upset. I knew my things were getting a bit tight and there were some things I couldn't wear too long but HELP.
I need a diet and a good one at that. I may add I have started doing some Yogalates. Just easy going stuff. Dont want my back caveing in on me too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
16-09-2007, 05:45 PM   #2

Re: Horror, shock, horror!!!!!

ahhhh you have gonefor the yogalates,I have that too its a litle more difficult to just the pilates.That should get you toned up nicely!!!
Sorry not sure what to advise re the diet,but just wanted to say you have done so well quitting smoking and well done!!!

Catsey Veteran

16-09-2007, 05:52 PM   #3

Aww thanks Erin. My name now though is fatty Jacquie I only went for the Yolalates because it was the only one in the shop

Catsey Veteran

16-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #4

awwww no Jacs,give the yogalates a few months and you will be super duper toned Jacquie,trust me you will,honest!!!

And hey just think about how much healthier you are for not smoking!!

Catsey Veteran

16-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #5

I do feel (and smell) a lot better. I'm just anoyed at the weight I've put on. Oh well I'll just have to take it off again.

Catsey Veteran

16-09-2007, 06:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
I do feel (and smell) a lot better. I'm just anoyed at the weight I've put on. Oh well I'll just have to take it off again.
And you will Jac's

Global Moderator

Cats owned: Bengal
16-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #7

Congratulations on stopping smoking

I gradually gained loads of weight after breaking my ankle a few years ago and am now determined to lose it. I have lost a fair bit so far by eating only 3 meals a day with no snacking in between, plenty of walking (at least 4 to 5 miles a day) and lastly no alcohol unless out for something to eat or special occasion.

It can be done just got to have determination which you have proved you have by stopping smoking

Catsey Veteran

16-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #8

Thanks Carole. Food just tastes so much nicer . I only ever ate 2 meals a day, never snacked but my eating habits have changed. I'll just have to be strict. At this rate my wedding dress will be too wee. Cant have that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
17-09-2007, 12:57 AM   #9

I lost 5 stone with Weightwatchers - I do recommend them. It's really easy to do using their points diet. There isn't anything I can't eat (in moderation).

You can even do it online now so you don't have to do the meetings (although it can help for the moral support unless you are a very shy person like me). I had a break for a year and put on a stone again but am back on it now (doing the online one) and down to my pre-break weight.

Don't get too despondent with having put some weight on after quitting smoking - You did it! Good luck with the diet

Banned

Cats owned: Ginger tom cat/Bengal kitten/Per
21-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #10

hey im also trying to quit i havent had one cigerrette today but i made a new thread before sore neck iam in so much pain with my neck for the past 2 days that the pain is making me cry thats the last things i need at this point...