Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-02-2007, 07:11 PM   #11

Re: Moli

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I've got very long nails and don't seem to do any damage (or at least didn't when I had monthly ones). Just need to be a bit careful, but they are useful for levering under the lens to get them out!
I am just going to keep trying, seem a bit much to have to cut my nails Its early days anyway, will probably improve with time, I get one day they go in no bother, the next I have trouble....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
19-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #12

Keep persevering Moli, you'll get the hang of it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-02-2007, 07:35 AM   #13

I keep my right index nail short but leave the rest mid length. Seems to be a good compromise

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
I keep my right index nail short but leave the rest mid length. Seems to be a good compromise

Maybe try that DM...
Although had no problems this morning, they just went straight in.....Do you have to take the monthly ones out to clean at any time?

Catsey Veteran

20-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #15

Not if/when the optician finds the extended wear ones I want.
I'm currently using 'ordinary' monthly disposables, so they sit in cleansing fluid overnight, every night.

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #16

Right. I collected my trial pair of Bausch & Lomb Purevision Multi-Focal yesterday. 30 day extended wear. The manufacturers say they can be worn continuously for 30 days; the optician said wear for 7 days & nights then take them out & leave in cleaning fluid for one night then back to 7 days wear and so on.
http://www.asda-contactlenses.co.uk/...product_id=243
So, I woke up this morning able to see clearly, near and far and with no ill effects from sleeping in lenses. Wonderful!
Bliddy things are totally transparent - I am used to the light blue tint on the Ciba ones. What a nightmare locating them in the storage fluid and perching them on my index finger pre-insertion.......