Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
11-02-2007, 03:49 PM   #11

Re: weight gain....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Who you calling middle aged, I'm only 33
OOPS!!! Sorry, Well in my case its middle aged spread! I am at the stage where everything is going south!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-02-2007, 08:56 PM   #12

Berocca effervescent vitamins are good as a pick me up after you've been ill. They perk the appetite a bit too.
As you are still walking with the dogs etc I'd say you'd be OK taking on a few more calories, so as well as the Complan stuff you could substitute gold top milk for your normal; pop a little knob of butter on your veg; have lovely milk shakes with milk & good ice cream and nice berries (fresh or frozen). have a biscuit or two with your coffee, take more milk in it than usual but basically just have a good diet and everything will sort itself out eventually.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #13

Good luck with it Moli x

Catsey Veteran

11-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #14

Thanks all, some good advice there, and thanks for the link Mags, very good...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #15

Is your appetite back? That was my problem after I was ill last year...nothing tasted right and I wasn't hungry; had to force myself to eat. If you can, eat some fattening things that you like that you normally would stay shy of because they're fattening....cheese, chocolate, whatever turns you on!

Catsey Veteran

11-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Is your appetite back? That was my problem after I was ill last year...nothing tasted right and I wasn't hungry; had to force myself to eat. If you can, eat some fattening things that you like that you normally would stay shy of because they're fattening....cheese, chocolate, whatever turns you on!
I am not really a foodie, not really got my appietite back, but am forcing myself to eat, had a Ham & Cheese salad tonight and yoghurt......Cheese I love, not keen on chocolate, but have a tub of pringles sitting looking at me!

Catsey Veteran

11-02-2007, 09:46 PM   #17

I'm not a chocoholic either' have an unopened box of Belgian chocolates left over from Christmas (sorry, Alex!). Cheese, crisps, scones with jam and cream..... oddly enough the thing that got my appetite awake was, of all things, a tossed green salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar,,,somehow that jump-started my taste buds and it's been fine ever since......

Catsey Veteran

11-02-2007, 10:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I'm not a chocoholic either' have an unopened box of Belgian chocolates left over from Christmas (sorry, Alex!). Cheese, crisps, scones with jam and cream..... oddly enough the thing that got my appetite awake was, of all things, a tossed green salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar,,,somehow that jump-started my taste buds and it's been fine ever since......
You have very similar tastes to me DM, Love a scone with Jam and Fresh cream....

Catsey Veteran

11-02-2007, 10:48 PM   #19

Real English Devon cream is ridiculously pricy here, but every so often when I'm in a baking mood will make scones and get some ...nothing like a nice warm scone right out of the oven ...I"m making myself hungry now; haven't had dinner yet!

Catsey Veteran

11-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #20

Nohing like the cream teas you get in England during the summe, we do not get them up here...