Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: George - Black DSH w/ red & brown
23-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #71

Re: Amputation of hind leg :(

Aww thank you! I just got in his cage and had a bit of a cuddle with him...tried gettin him out but he would want to run off to the back door so he had me for cuddles instead lol
I can tell he wants to get out sooo bad but hes not going anywhere
When he got out earlier and had a walk around he kept stopping and having a lick of his wound so its obvious its a bit tender when he is walking around so he is resting whether he likes it or not

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-03-2010, 11:41 PM   #72

Thanks for the pics; so nice t see the boy we've been concerned about for days, bless him. What a handsome fellow he is! Cage rest is probably the best thing for him now, and maybe the collar if he's worrying his operation site. Do keep us posted how he's doing, Abby; glad the worst is over and he's home now. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-03-2010, 11:33 AM   #73

He's beautiful, with the most amazingly expressive eyes! I hope he fully recovers and that the cancer doesn't return. He deserves a good long life, bless him

Catsey Junior

24-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #74

Thank you ladies...Im very lucky to have such a lovely cat
Just a shame the pics dont do him much justice...in the sun he's red & brown striped

Well, I got up at 7 this morn and we cuddled on the sofa from 8 til 11.30 but then I popped him in his cage so I could wash my hair and have some lunch...he wasnt happy with me...oops...:/ haha

But Ive got him back out now as Im off to work at 2.30 and my dad doesnt get back til 4.30.

He's eaten half a sachet of wet food this morning already (we norm give him 1/2 a sachet a day!!)
But Ill get my dad to give him the rest for his tea and to put some painkillers in it.

He's used his litter tray over night but not had a poo yet...Im hoping to let him out friday with some supervision as I know then he will try and go for a poo

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
26-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #75

Hi Abby... just checking into see how George is getting along... hope he's still taking little steps forward... albeit on three legs...lol

Catsey Junior

26-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #76

Hiya Pookyandjo!!

George is doing fantastic!!
Its like he's always had 3 legs
He's had a few wobbly moments but as far as jumping on and off the sofa is concerned his balance is amazing and as of yet has not had trouble.
Just got back from the vets for his check-up and as it seems he is doing fine!
The only thing is...he has been drinking a lot of water and not eating much so they have took some blood and will ring me today...Im not too worried about that though as George has always been a big drinker.

Hope you are ok

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
26-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #77

good to hear that George is doing well... i know the first time i saw Tinky attempt to walk after his leg was amputated i was amazed at how he stood up... and "centred" his remaining hind leg...and then he attempted to walk...

give him a pat from me and a purr and headbutt from his namesake here in Australia!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #78

I am so pleased to read this news Abby. Well done George. I do hope he goes from strength to strength.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #79

That's great news, so pleased.

Catsey Junior

26-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #80

Thank you everyone!! and I will pookyandjo

Just had a call from liz our vet and she has had his results back from his lymph node and they are clear! no sign of cancer!!
But...they havent got the results back from the other toe yet so we're not completely in the clear but Im guessing no sign of cancer in the lymph node is a good sign?

Will let you know anymore when I hear anything