Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
01-11-2006, 01:46 PM   #11

Re: I've had enough of the neigbours cat

I phoned my vets about dominoe this week, just to find out about neutering, its been so long since mine were done I don't even know the costs and recovery time.
They gave me the local RSPCA number to get a voucher for neutering, so I will be phoning that soon.

Guess what.... I found someone who might want to take him in! Hes been after a cat for a while and when we told him about Dominoe he straight away was interested, showed him a picture of him and he loved him!
Only problem is hes a bit reluctant because of the spraying, but we have assured him its down to not being neutered and probably made worse in our house because we have 5 cats and he wants to leave his mark for them.

Ok, one thing I'm not sure of.... If my friend wants him should I just let him have him or should I phone the owner and ask before I kidnap his cat?
Half of me says well if he can't be bothered to neuter or take the cat to the vets when he injured (like when he first turned up with the bleeding hole in his neck that according to his neighbours had been there for 3 months) then he obvoiusly couldn't care less, but the other half says: its someone elses cat and I have no right to make the decision.
I want to do the right thing, What should I do?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
01-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #12

Does the person who wants him live far enough away from the present owner.....? If they do, I personally would just make the cat disappear, they obviously do not care about him!

Catsey Junior

01-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #13

Yes its a good 30 mins by car, there is no chance the owner would find him

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #14

Only you can decide, but I know what I would do...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
01-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #15

Been there, done this recently. The cat deserves every chance it can get and his 'owner' deserves none.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #16

All I can add is that I really think the cat deserves a better life.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
01-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #17

This is why we don't have cat flaps at home anymore - any old cat can come in at their leisure.

From a CP point of view (well the branch I'm involved with) we wouldn't get involved as the cat already has a home. However we would be able to neuter him for them.

Sorry to sound a spoil sport but if you didn't feed him in the first place he probably wouldn't of hung around.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #18

Hmmm. Prospective owner long way from present "owner". Neglected cat. Know what I'd do.....

Catsey Junior

02-11-2006, 10:52 AM   #19

Well my friend has said he wants to meet the cat, so hes going to spend a day here and wait until dominoe makes his visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Sorry to sound a spoil sport but if you didn't feed him in the first place he probably wouldn't of hung around.
Yeah I know , I'm not in the habbit of feeding any old cat who comes in, 2 others have been seen off this year and usually my cats see off any intruders, but when we first saw dominoe he was skinny, dirty, had a huge hole in his neck (about 1 1/2 inches across) and starving hungry, for some reason my cats decieded they weren't going to chase this one off too.
We wanted to look closer at his neck injury because it was always open and bleeding so had to make the choice to either gain his trust or possibly chase off a needy stray cat.

Catsey Veteran

02-11-2006, 11:37 AM   #20

I was the same with Chancer Sam, my dogs usually chase any strange cat, but Chancer kept coming back, and he was so thin and covered in bites where he had been fighting....He had been around at least 6 months before we moved here...I hadn't intended keeping him, but he decided he was staying!!