Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
08-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #1

Cat litter?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum-wasnt sure where to put it!

Just wondered what cat litter you all use? i started off using Thomas/sophisticat because i knew the boys had been on grit litter. i absolutely hate both litters-they are both so dusty and have a smell about them.

ive just bought a couple of bags of "worlds best" cat litter, which im slowly mixing in with the Thomas-so far i like it ALOT more then the grit. it smells so much nicer, its flushable and it clumps when they wee on it. its also safe if they were to "sample" it(when i first put it in the tray they sat by the trays munching bits as though it was food time ) on the side of the bag its says it will last 2 average sized cats 15 days+, and this is a 7lb bag.

so, what does everyone else use and what do you think of it? anyone else tried worlds best?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #2

Re: Cat litter?

I tried worlds best and I liked it but the cats wouldnt use it and thought it was their new diet. I use catsan fine granuals.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #3

I have always used Thomas for Cassie and my previous cat...... it clumps well and is easy to clear. I can't say I have noticed any smell at all with it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-11-2006, 09:56 PM   #4

I use Asdas own Tiger litter. It's economical and none of mine have ever had any problems with it. I've tried the 'crystal granules' type but that goes a horrible yellow colour and looks dreadful and I've triad catsan granules but found it was costing me a fortune, the kittens tried to eat it and it was used up too quickly, so back to Tiger I went.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
08-11-2006, 10:39 PM   #5

I use Catsan for Oli. It lasts alot longer than the Tescos own brand one and also Sophisticat. It masks the smell of Oli's wee very well too. I originally bought it because it was actually cheaper than the Tesco's own brand cat litter.

Oh, it is a lovely white colour too & you cant see the wee after the cat has been to toilet.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 gorgous mogs
08-11-2006, 11:11 PM   #6

we use aldi's own my cats wont use any other its quite good it clumps together when they have peed and easy to dispose of.
tracy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
11-01-2007, 03:56 PM   #7

I'm re-starting this thread as I've just bought a bad of Worlds Best for the first time. I like the idea that it's flushable and also won't matter if the cats eat any of it (as it's made from corn). I normally use Tesco Value litter (as I get through so much of the stuff) but that can be very dusty and doesn't clump so well. I thought that maybe with this new stuff there would be less waste.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Black Moggie
andrew021 is Male
11-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #8

I use Tesco's own brand. Its what Jet was trained on. Dosnt really matter now as she prefers to go outside now and will only use the litter tray if absolutely desperate.

I suppose its a good thing for as soon as my alarm clock goes off in the morning she is on my bed to get me up to let her out, not so good when its the weekend or I have a hangover.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
11-01-2007, 07:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by binza
we use aldi's own my cats wont use any other its quite good it clumps together when they have peed and easy to dispose of.
tracy
ive been using that its good isnt it. was impressed with it, and its a good price.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #10

I used to use Thomas when Oz and Cleo were kittens (must have been round a while that one) now use Catsan - with only Cleo I don't mind, in the Summer she goes out too.