Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
27-02-2008, 07:48 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Wednesday

Morning all, looks like it will be another spring like day! Did any of you feel the earth tremours at around 1am this morning? Very strange experience, the whole house shook for a few seconds

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7266136.stm

Getting ready to take Mildred to be speyed this morning. Mixed feelings here after nearly losing her as short while back, the thought of her having to have an anaesthetic worries me although I know it's totally unrelated to what was wrong with her before

Have a great day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
27-02-2008, 08:34 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Wednesday

Morning,
No! I didn't feel anything! Slept through it all :0
Sending good thoughts for Mildred, I'm sure she'll be fine but it's impossible not to worry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
27-02-2008, 09:33 AM   #3

morning all. nope didnt feel a thing, slept really well.(for a change)
have a good day all.
im off out later to get the pet food.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #4

No I felt nothing at 1am. At 02 57 precisely I heard a very forlorn miaow, then a soft paw on my head and finally, a purring noise on my shoulder... ahhh.

No call out last night, apart from a catcall, so slept well.

Have lots to do today. New photo needed for new passport, so must go and work a miracle with this old face.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-02-2008, 10:52 AM   #5

Yes, I woke with a start at about 12.55am to the room swaying and a kind of indefinable noise. Like a big lorry rattling down the hill outside the window. The whole room was moving, but not like when you've had too much to drink, very strange senstation it was. I kind of knew that it must be a quake, but was very surprised to hear the news this morning as to where it was centered and how powerful it was Kids and cats slept through

In the office this morning. OH better but still far from right. He's gone back to bed . . . unheard of - he's never had more than a single day off since I've known him (18 years).

The sun is shining and it's quite warm already. I noticed that we have baby leaves on our curly willow . . . it has a kind of a pale green haze on it. I love this time of year

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-02-2008, 11:52 AM   #6

No - I slept through it too. Love your description, Poshpuss, of your cat's reaction to the quake, they know more than we do I think about the state of Gaia's domain.

Buds coming on the goat willow here - all sorts of green things popping up it's such fun trying to remember what's planted where! It is such a HOPEFUL time of year.

Lots of healing vibes for Mildred today - Merlin sends purrrrrrs!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
27-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #7

No earth-moving felt here!
It's a lovely day though.
Hope Mildred is fine and already wondering why she had such a deep sleep and please can she go home now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
27-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #8

I didn't feel it, but OH did. He was sitting up watching tv and said he felt this strange vibration go throught the sofa. he actually thought it was him at first (dont ask me why, I odnt know lol), but when it did it again he realised something had happened, but it wasn't until I told him this morning that he knew it was an earthquake!

Quite a nice day here, if a bit cold and breezy. Not a lot happening. Guides and Brownies tonight and that's the highlight of my day lol. Hope everyone has a good one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
27-02-2008, 02:46 PM   #9

Afternoon all,
I didn't feel a thing either but I might of heard my tv creek!!! I'm quite a light sleeper as well.
But I probably slept though it thinkin it was the wind coz my bedroom window howls when its windy... so I just try to ignore that lol.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #10

I think we were too far south to have felt the shock waves here, thank goodness.
It shows up on today's 'Earthquakes around the World map' ........ just put the cursor on the red dot on the UK and it will give you details......

http://www.earthquake-news.net/

I remember one quake we had 10+ years ago, I was sat on the sofa reading when all of a sudden I had a most weird feeling and I realised the sofa was moving with me - it must have lasted seconds but it was so frightening that it appeared to last longer.
As soon as things were still again a buzzer started to go off in our central heating system ......it had somehow interrupted the clock settings!

Anyway....... it's a lovely day here!!