Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Two rescues and one feral
19-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #1

Integrating..

Fascinating situation here in deep rural Ireland. I came here with two cats, siblings, rescued as tinies, now aged ten. Then a feral arrived. I say feral but am sure he has been well handled, probably dumped at the gate. LOVES me, especially my ankles but I would not totally trust him... I feed him well; he is entire but we have some aggressive nasty feral around who he keeps at bay. he yearn to be indoor but sprays and he terrorises my two. One of my dogs died and one of my cats has vanished ( I think holiday folk..) so I have room and last week brought in a female from a rescue. she was about to be buried alive with her newborn kittens. The kittens were due to leave and had been raised by the rescue. I am too old to cope with kittens so this was ideal, Pretty wee girl. She is safe in a big dog crate, clean and gradually getting used to me. had an ankle rub and a purr.. food is everything so I am hand feeding her. My big boy is a coward and not sure what to do. Stand offs at present and no hissing... They just stare! I am planning to get new girl speyed when she has settled after her kittens. I know it will be a long job... She has been a feral, a scavenger from necessity. Stand offs with the dog too but I am less concerned re that. I am wondering if speying will decrease any hostility in her?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Two rescues and one feral
24-08-2015, 07:21 AM   #2

Re: Integrating..

Two weeks on and "progress"... the mumsy hormones have worn off and new cat now lives under the bed.. no more petting for me.. yesterday I was worried and searched the house then found her and when she came out for food and I moved back under the bed she ran. But she is eating and using her tray so patience time..sweet faced girl who has lived rough and invisible all her life.. not her fault...