Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
02-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #21

Re: Can cats love there owners?

reggies obsessed with me, will sleep close to me, kisses me contantly, followes me around, sits on the side of the bath when im in the tub.yea i think cats are capable of love, and my 2 are moggies.

Catsey Junior

02-05-2006, 08:53 PM   #22

My three are all very different - my old boy Hef just loves people full stop and yes I think he loves me but I also think he would love other people just as much if I wasn't around. Maybe that is a consequence of him being a stray at an advanced age?

The middle one is ex-feral and very nervous. He only puts up with me, my bf and my mum and dad when he stays at their house. And he only comes to my dad (who I'm convinced is a cat whisperer) or I for affection. But in a way I'd say he relies on me more than my old boy, because of his limited tolerable human quotient. I don't for a second confuse that with love.

My baby is very loving indeed - cuddly as can be. Again she's a rescue cat, but she lacks the independent spirit of the other two.

But do they actually love me? Maybe but certainly not as much as I love them!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 ginger (dsh) 1 male 1 female
15-02-2007, 11:42 PM   #23

i think they love their owners but if you stopped feeding them and the neighbour feed them i think they would go where they were better off its their natural instinct, thats why i was worried about putting uma on a diet she gets a small amount of bisc and one pouch a day but she still comes back
AYD xxx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
16-02-2007, 02:17 AM   #24

My Cats deffinately love me and would be shattered if I left rehomed them.

My Tylerbug, now gone to the bridge, bonded with me so well as a kitten I was fostering that he was unsuccessfully rehomed twice and refused to eat and hid under the bed for weeks. Once back with me, he was a normal happy kitten. He never warmed up to any other person, he was a momma's boy.

I don't think Thurston would care if I was there or not, but he is def attached to my brother and my Mom.

When I'm gone for several weeks my cats rush to me and want their cuddles and are clingy for days and days after I come home.

When they look up at me with those big green eyes, how could it be anything but love?

One thing is certain, I love them!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
16-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #25

NO I don't believe cats love us in the "forever and ever" sense. They give us all the indications of love i.e. following us about sitting on our laps or sleeping with us but I know from experience that if someone else comes to look after them within a very short space of time they "love" them too. I don't think the bond is the same as that of a dog. To me it doesn't lessen them in anyway I just accept that they are very independent creatures and have great admiration for them.

We as humans are desperate for love so we interpret things to suit ourselves. Some people believe their Lizards love them yet it has been proved beyond doubt that Lizards are incapable of any of the feelings that your average domestic animal has but that wont put off the owners.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-02-2007, 12:25 PM   #26

I tend to agree with Rosie - a dog will love you unconditionally, dogs stay with, and appear to love, inept and abusive owners .... catch a cat doing that! Like Rosie, I admire that trait in cats and I think that is much of the reason why some people 'hate' cats - they distrust or can't understand their independence

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Trinity(DSH) Neo(RagxPer)Lily(Rag)
16-02-2007, 01:19 PM   #27

I think my two love me but in different ways. Trinity loves me because of my cuddles and lies on her back wanting me to fuss her. Yesterday i was in bed and she kept moving close and closer to me her hear had to be leant on my hand and if i moved away she would wake up and sit back on my hand. Her love is very visual she rolls around and follows me she loves every second she gets with her mum or dad.

While Trixie is the opposite instead of following me everywhere and wanting to be on my lap she will sit on a chair near by. She comes for cuddles occasionally but would much prefer just to lie on my feet.

I LOVE THEM and I think thats more important than them loving me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
16-02-2007, 01:22 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenlouise
I think my two love me but in different ways. Trinity loves me because of my cuddles and lies on her back wanting me to fuss her. Yesterday i was in bed and she kept moving close and closer to me her hear had to be leant on my hand and if i moved away she would wake up and sit back on my hand. Her love is very visual she rolls around and follows me she loves every second she gets with her mum or dad.

While Trixie is the opposite instead of following me everywhere and wanting to be on my lap she will sit on a chair near by. She comes for cuddles occasionally but would much prefer just to lie on my feet.

I LOVE THEM and I think thats more important than them loving me.

that's really sweet.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
17-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #29

I think cats do love their humans.... My Casper (now at the bridge) was always near me purring in my ear wanting ears scratched and hated when I left and stuck like glue when I came back....

my other 2 are both different in their shows of love...

CJ only comes near when he wants to but always checks to see if I am there every so often... if he is out he comes back every half hour to check up on me lol and will occasionally get up beside me for a snuggle....

the wee one Smudge totally different an absolute pest when it comes to attention .... all over you, sits on your head and chest and sticks his face in yours, cant go to bed and he is there lying on my side with his paw touching my face while CJ lies at the side of or under the bed... Smudge however doesnt give a totty if he's out and will ignore you till its time to come in...

So I would say all cats are different in their shows of love but love us all the same ....no matter if they are moggies or thoroughbreds

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
17-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #30

I have to say my to love me as they will come and find me so that they can have cuddles.
I do think that Busters love is more of a cupbord love as he definately love me more when it is time to be fed. But he does love me more then other peopl as he is very shy of other people and runs away from the if he doesn't know them.
Tilly will always come and sit on me if I am near by even if it means moving from where she was before. She also comes looking from me if she hasn't seen me for a bit. She is also fairly shy but better than her brother.
Both are moggy cross with burmese. they are also came from a feral colony.

Sally