Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #1

wednesday

morning all, back home yesterday
Have a doll fair to look forward to on saturday.
Karen, my parents van is lovely , thank you.
Hope you are feeling better, if not, get yourself checked out !
Sunny here today, dogs walked , grass cut and washing blowing on the line.
Off to work soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
07-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #2

Re: wednesday

Hi shelley and those to follow.

Sounds like you have been busy already shelley!!

It's raining here today. Barney spent another night in his crate without a peep so good progress. Going to.try going out for 10mins or so on Friday whilst he is in it and see how it goes.

Heading to Stevens mums after work then home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #3

Hi girls, and those looking in later

I had my first day as a volunteer at Barnardos yesterday, which was scary and exciting. I met 3 lovely people there, 2 of the girls are Barnado employees and showed me how to work the till and my way around the shop etc. I was a bit confused at taking the money and checking in the tickets at first, you need to collect the green gift aid stickers for the records, then handle the change and receipt and remember to smile and not get distracted! it sounds so easy but I need practice! Haha!

Today I just had my hair cut and visited my SIL who has her 51st birthday today. No other plans, we are having heavy showers and it's gone colder. I have decided to go ahead with taking up my carpet and putting down wood flooring, all the measurements have been done and I hope to have it completed soon.

Good to hear that Barney is taking well to the crate training, and have fun at the doll fair on Saturday Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #4

Afternoon ladies! Pouring with rain here atm, although it has been a nice morning. I have had a country drive to Midhurst to collect a small wire basket unit from the lady I did my bookbinding course with some weeks ago. It was surplus to her needs and she wouldn't take anything for it, so I took her a pot of homemade marmalade and a bottle of sloe vodka. She was really pleased, and I was pleased I'd thought to do that. The little unit is home and installed, it will help me get "stuff" off my work table. Came back via the very scenic route and it wasn't raining then - I've decided that May is just the prettiest month, all the blossom and cow parsley and everything greening up a treat. Almost makes me want to go outdoors and paint ................ ALMOST!

Change of routine this evening - it is summer mid-week agility now for Dora, we are giving Monty a break. OH will take Dora and then I will meet him afterwards, exchange dogs and he will go on to his dog training volunteering, puppy class, intermediates and then Monty's advanced class. I'll be going and coming in the rush hour so I'll need to leave more time and hope traffic is not too bad.

Ah well, that's my story for today. Shelley, glad you are home safely, hope work goes well. Pamela, well done with Barney and his crate. It sounds as if he feels safe and happy there so going out should not be too much of a problem, fingers crossed! PP, sounds like a real adventure at Barnardo's, hope that in a while you will feel more relaxed and confident and start to enjoy it. And Kazz, yes, I'm hoping you are feeling better - if not, as others have said, get it checked out.

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
07-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #5

Absolutely pouring down here but everything is growing. Good to hear you enjoyed Barnardos PP. It is a bit daunting dealing with the public all day, sometimes rewarding, sometimes infuriating. I'm sure you will be great with practice, (or is it practise?). I have various boxes and little plastic drawers filled with threads and card stuff so I know what you mean Angie. I'm like a child at Christmas in our local craft shop, there are so many things I love. Glad Barney is getting used to his crate, our dogs howl if left in the car but I think they are OK at home. We try and make sure they are tired out before we leave them at home. Was late for my meeting this morning but took lots of chocolate biscuits and marshmallows as an apology. That did the trick! Hope it's a better day tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-05-2014, 05:44 PM   #6

evening all.
Glad your volunteer day went well, Nette, it will be good for you and also something that will help others, win/win.
Pamela, sounds like the crate training is going really well.
Malaika was crate trained when we got her and we had every intention of using it as Basenjis can be destructive. When we got Kwame he couldnt tolerate it and on on occasion bit and bent the bars, we were so concerned for his teeth that we didnt crate him.
However we do find it useful on occasions and he's ok to go in it if we are in.
Angie, glad your wire thingy is good, i'm sure the lady would be delighted with sloe gin.
FM, likewise i'm sure choccies and marshmallows did the trick,lol.
Work went well apart from when i had to lock up, the lock is dodgy and i simply couldnt manage it and had to call in help before i could go home