Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Rescue centre - currently LOTS
17-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #1

Stressed-out Siamese-cross

Pumpkin is a spayed female who's mum was a Siamese and who's dad was a "moggy". She is very talkative, friendly and sweet-natured. She's 6 years old. She came in because she "didn't like the baby". She's part-vaccinated, and will be fully vaccinated next week.
She's fine with dogs and other cats.
My problem with her is that she is very stressed to the extent that it is affecting her health. For a couple of weeks she hardly ate and just cried all the time. Then she started losing her hair. She's almost bald on one side, and has very thin hair on the other side. The vet has done various tests and can't find a medical cause, so we are putting her hair-loss down to the stress of being dumped.
She's very pretty, but until her hair grows back, I can't rehome her. I am using a Feliway plug-in, she is in a room with quiet cats, and not caged. She is now eating better. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do with her? This photo from when she first arrived here.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 Cats
17-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #2

Re: Stressed-out Siamese-cross

I think she needs a place where she is an only pet, sounds to me she is stressed at being around other animals and being in a rescue perhaps? Poor little girl, she is very pretty.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
17-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #3

She's a lovely girl, have you thought about putting an appeal out for her? Let her have "free run" of the house and keep her away from other pets until she's got a home? Or would that not be possible?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
17-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #4

WOW I wish I could have her she is stunning, Poor little baby girl though all stressed out. I hope she finds her forever home

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #5

Sounds as if it may have been the cage that stressed her, if now she is not caged she is eating better. Perhaps she will calm down and her fur will regrow. I do hope so, poor wee girl - it's such a shame she was "dumped".

How does your rescue generally advertise pets that need rehoming?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Rescue centre - currently LOTS
17-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #6

We mainly rehome the animals via our website. She really needs a forever home, but I'm hoping her fur grows back soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
13-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #7

Have you been able to rehome her or is she still with you farplace?