Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #11

Re: Carrots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Rayne adores her fruit and veg. I give her alloe vera juice too. Whats the coconut oil for? Where do you get it?
Bl**dy hell Elaine - Rayne I discovered coconut oil really when my Gypsy (sbt) had colitis and then stomach cancer. But eased the colitis. so sorry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #12

Hmmm, I might give it a try. I was hoping the aloe would help, she has been on it 3 weeks now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Hmmm, I might give it a try. I was hoping the aloe would help, she has been on it 3 weeks now.
My Mom takes Aloe-Vera juice for her ulcerative colitis and says it helps ie notices if she stops and takes a teaspoon of coconut oil (different tub same stuff ) in with her yogurt after dinner. She also takes a teaspoon of manuka honey daily too.

Not sure what helps and what does not but Mom does notice if she stops one. Maybe that's human "mind" saying hmm not taken that.

Bella just takes the coconut oil
Dad takes the Manuka honey.
I take none. can't afford it.

The one from Tesco is good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #14

Will keep going with the aloe for now. Started it to try and get rid of these bloody steriods. I was told to give it atleast 4 to 6 weeks before trying to reduce the steriods, so will see how it goes as its only been 3 weeks.
Always good to know that there is something else to try should this fail though.