Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #1

A.C.T.S. Agility Comp Aberdeen

Had entered Rayne into this a wee while back, so she had 3 runs yesterday and 4 today. Eliminations in all runs .
Yesterday it was really really hot, couldnt get her revved up at the start and she kept running into the judges tent, once I got her going though, she ran well, even did a right hand weave through the poles.
Today I really wound her up at the start to get her going, no more running into the judges tent but she did make up her own courses and would run out of the weaves towards the end.
On one course, I walked it more than half a dozen times, it was pretty complicated. Talked to Laura, who runs our club, and she said that she would try running her through it. Rayne went over jumps one and two, then took off across the park looking for me, bless her ickle paws.

It was a good experience though and gave me a good indication of what work I need to concentrate on for her agility as well as my own fitness, nearly had a bloody heart attack.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #2

Re: A.C.T.S. Agility Comp Aberdeen

Good to hear that you are trying agility for Rayne, and yourself, Elaine! We are just coming to the end of our 2nd ten week course with Monty and he only started to "click" 2 weeks ago. OH runs him as I couldn't manage it myself. Monty kept going "off piste" and is still easily distracted. OH used to get really embarrassed by Monty's antics but the other handlers all said that they'd been there with their dogs at the beginning, so not to worry. It's much easier once the dog seems to understand what's being asked of them.

Keep it up - Rayne will get it, she's smart.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
09-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #3

Well done both of you. Used to do a lot of it and working demos. Boxers are good for both and always bring humour into it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #4

Rayne has been doing agility for almost 2 years now. That was our first REAL comp. We have done fun comps in the past, not so many people and indoors so this one was a bit of an eye opener for her.
I am pleased with some areas and know the areas I need to work on. We will get there, I just have to put in the work.