Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
08-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #1

Squeak the pig!

For Angie
Here's a pic of our newest addition to the madhouse
He belonged to my dad and his family but has come to live with us now my siblings are busy with school/social life.
He's very nervous still but is happy to be on a lap and have gentle strokes and Erin loves him!

He's a bit lonely at the moment but we will hopefully be adopting him a friend from the local RSPCA in the next month or so.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #2

Re: Squeak the pig!

He's a cutie! The vet nurse at our practice was advocating rats as good small pets for children last time we went in! I've nothing against rats, but do prefer a nice little gin-pig.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
09-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #3

I love guinea pigs! I had my first one, her name was Belinda and we always had them until I lost my last pair to a polecat when I was 15.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
09-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #4

Dear Squeak
Guinea pigs really are the most endearing of pets, with such a wide vocabulary. The pair I took on (Bubble & Squeak, don't ask me about the food association I didn't name them!) would make little excited wheep-wheeps when they got their daily greens, and were moved along to a fresh patch of grass in their day cage, then when you scooped them up for bed they'd make little chirrups, I got very attached to my sweet guineas!!
It'll be interesting to see how the two get on pinklizzy when you add to the family, there always seems to be a dominant one.