Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-10-2007, 04:33 AM   #1

3 New (non-cat)babies!!!!

We Adopted 3 Babies Today...a Chameleon, An Iguana, And A Gecko...all Needing Good Homes And Rescue....pics To Be Taken And Posted Soon!!!!:d

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
07-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #2

Re: 3 New (non-cat)babies!!!!

How lovely. Can't wait for the pics.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-10-2007, 10:47 AM   #3

Really looking forward to seeing pics of your new additions Tink!

Catsey Veteran

07-10-2007, 11:21 AM   #4

haven't had a chance to get any full body shots as they are all sleeping right now but here's a face shot of spike..the iguana...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-10-2007, 11:25 AM   #5

He's lovely .......looks like he is smiling there!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
07-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #6

Tink I dont want to put a damper on things but you do realise how big the iguana will get. That's one of the reasons so many end up in rescue over here. People dont have the room that they need.
Congratulations on your new additions. My son has a Bearded Dragon and wants an Iguana.

Catsey Veteran

07-10-2007, 11:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Tink I dont want to put a damper on things but you do realise how big the iguana will get. That's one of the reasons so many end up in rescue over here. People dont have the room that they need.
Congratulations on your new additions. My son has a Bearded Dragon and wants an Iguana.
yes, i've owned reptiles for years...i also had two bearded dragons
my boyfriend had an iguana for years and was very sad when he died. also, i know what you're saying and that's partly why i rescued him..the lady had no idea what she got herself into and had no clue how to care for him..i will show you pics soon of his "temporary tank"..i think it's longer than me if i were to lay down on the ground..but my bf and i are very picky about having the best environment so i'm sure we'll upgrade soon and spoil him like all our other babies.

Catsey Veteran

07-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #8

Tink I wasnt having a go at you. I just get a bit worried when people buy reptiles. Do you know if it was captive bred or taken from the wild. Most of the one's that are in the shops here are taken from the wild.
I know a girl who bought one. When I told her how big they get she nearly freeked. I dont think the shops give enough info on what they sell.
When I got my tortoises it was a case of ok there you go

Catsey Veteran

07-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #9

no idea..the story is this girl was posting an ad for all three babies on craigs list..my bf had been wanting a chameleon so i told him about it..she was moving this weekend and no one in town had been interested or knew anything about these guys so she offered to throw in the gecko and iguana for free. she has had the iguana three months..she doesn't know how to care for him but she said she visited a house that said "rescue" on the sign and saw him outside (no enclosure) with cats being abused..he had scars and lacerations all over him..she offered the lady a hundred dollars to take him off the hands of her "rescue"...i guess this girl did somewhat better but still not nearly well enough for his ideal diet, habitat, etc...he still has some nasty scars and his toes are deformed..poor little guy..he's in dire need of nutrition so we are on a mission now..LOL (most of our animals are rescue situations, we don't really buy at pet stores if we can avoid it).
as for pet stores, you don't have to tell me about them..you don't even wanna get me started on that rant..LOL.

Catsey Veteran

07-10-2007, 12:23 PM   #10

Poor thing.So glad he's found someone that knows what there doing.
Please keep us updated with his progress.