Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #1

Dogs & fireworks - for Moli

Mostly for Moli but I'm sure other people have dogs who panic at the ridiculous explosions which happen around this time of year.

I was just having a look at the PetPlanet site and this was the first screen to pop up - I thought of you and your daft girl who panics. http://www.petplanet.co.uk/category.asp?dept_id=26
Anything there look hopeful ... or will you get tranx from your vet? Trouble with them is that they really knock them out and it doesn't feel good to do it again and again, if the firework season is long

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
01-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #2

Re: Dogs & fireworks - for Moli

Thanks DM, there are quite a few things there worth a look....
I have the Serene UM pills,but they did not seem to help her at all....
The pills I get from the vets do not knock her out, more make her so laid back she doesn't care what is going on!They are quite new, cannot rtemember the name of them at the mo...
But rather try something more natural for her...Thanks again...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
01-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #3

Thanks for posting this DM,my Lil hates the fireworks so will defo try something from here.
I know what tablets you mean Moli,the vet suggested thm for my Lil,I cant think what they are called either

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #4

I used the DAP Diffuser plug in for the first time last year and it really did help. Ruby didn't bat an eylid at the fireworks , Cassy too was alot calmer and Harvey still got in a state but ther year before that without it I honestly thought he was going to have a heart attack and die on me he was that scared

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annestaff
I used the DAP Diffuser plug in for the first time last year and it really did help. Ruby didn't bat an eylid at the fireworks , Cassy too was alot calmer and Harvey still got in a state but ther year before that without it I honestly thought he was going to have a heart attack and die on me he was that scared
awww poor Harvey i really think there should be tighter restrictions on fireworks that people can set of at their homes,especially as they seem to be being set off from now through to jan

Global Moderator

01-10-2007, 04:17 PM   #6

I hate fireworks with a passion Erin, not just because mine are frightened but it saddens me to think of all the animals out there scared to death too

It breaks my heart to see mine pee on the floor because there so scared and there's not alot I can do. When Cassy was younger I got some calmers adminstered by the vet and she was weird for days after so I decided against them.

Here's a pic I took of Harvey the other year trying to squash into the smallest gap he could find

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #7

Quote:
I hate fireworks with a passion Erin, not just because mine are frightened but it saddens me to think of all the animals out there scared to death too

It breaks my heart to see mine pee on the floor because there so scared and there's not alot I can do. When Cassy was younger I got some calmers adminstered by the vet and she was weird for days after so I decided against them.

Here's a pic I took of Harvey the other year trying to squash into the smallest gap he could find

awww bless him ,poor baby we made ours a little den thingy with boxes and loads of blankets covering them at the back of the sofa,lil was there all the time bless her.

Global Moderator

01-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #8

I always get their crates out and cover them with a blanket for them to hide in. The girls go in there's but Harveys a bit of a pudding

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #9

Quote:
I always get their crates out and cover them with a blanket for them to hide in. The girls go in there's but Harveys a bit of a pudding
aww he sounds a bit like my Choc bless him.Im dreading this year cause Im working nights and my oh works late shifts so from 9 - 12/1am they will be here on their own

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
01-10-2007, 04:36 PM   #10

I think the worst bit about them is they can go off anytime. It's not just one night any more. Its about 2 weeks before and after.
I think they should only sell them for displays. No shop or supermarket sales.