Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-09-2007, 08:14 PM   #1

Deer at the bus stop!!

I am not kidding!! I went to the stop a half block from by house just before noon to go to my eye doctor appointment, and there was no one there but me and two young male whitetail deer in the yard! And I did not have my camera with me!!! No one saw them but me and the bus driver! One was standing in Roy's yard and the other two houses down at the end of the block...they weren't eating or anything, just looking around; the cars going by didn't spook them but when the bus turned the corner they fled down Benton Street and turned on 38th and ran down in the direction of the park, which is where I suppose they came from!!! I was utterly amazed; lived here all my life and never saw a deer here, nor expected to!!

Oh, and the eye exam went fine. eyes are in excellent condition and didn't need that horrible dilating this time!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-09-2007, 08:33 PM   #2

Re: Deer at the bus stop!!

That's amazing Eileen and what a shame you didn't have your camera with you...would have loved to have seen a pic of them...!

Pleased to hear your eye doctor appointment went well and you didn't need the dreaded dilating this time...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
27-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I am not kidding!! I went to the stop a half block from by house just before noon to go to my eye doctor appointment, and there was no one there but me and two young male whitetail deer in the yard! And I did not have my camera with me!!! No one saw them but me and the bus driver! One was standing in Roy's yard and the other two houses down at the end of the block...they weren't eating or anything, just looking around; the cars going by didn't spook them but when the bus turned the corner they fled down Benton Street and turned on 38th and ran down in the direction of the park, which is where I suppose they came from!!! I was utterly amazed; lived here all my life and never saw a deer here, nor expected to!!

Oh, and the eye exam went fine. eyes are in excellent condition and didn't need that horrible dilating this time!
Now then Dandy! You say you were on your way to an eye appointment??? was the bus driver going to the eye doctor too???

Only joking, What an amazing sight to see. And I'm glad your eyes are in excellent condition

Catsey Veteran

27-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #4

Hee hee, funny! The bus driver was very blase about it; said he's often seen them in other parts of the City near Rock Creek Park (the very big park that divides the City into East and West). I knew they were there, but I had no idea they were in the much smaller Glover-Archbold Park which is only two blocks from my house. Live and learn. I guess I'll make a point of taking the camera wherever I'm going in future, but doubt if I'll see the like again.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
27-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #5

Wow that must have been an astonishing sight! lol. I hate it when I get caught out like that and no camera on me.

SO pleased your eyes are good and you didn't have to have the dilation, yay

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
28-09-2007, 09:13 AM   #6

It's amazing the wildlife that seems to get on with life quite happily in the middle of cities. What a lovely thing to brighten your trip - and no dilation drops - woo-hoo!

Catsey Veteran

28-09-2007, 03:58 PM   #7

My neighbor was out front this morning while was waiting for the bus to the market, and I told her what had been in her yard yesterday: when I left she was looking for hoofprints in the garden! This close to the park I see small wildlife all the time: raccoons, possums. foxes, rabbits and a bob-white quail once, but never expected anything like this! And I forgot to take the camera today.....