Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
29-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #21

Re: My nannan is getting another doggy :)

As long as you keep his mind active he should be fine, new places, lots of exercise, he should be fine!!

The coat may be difficult to hand strip due to him being neutered, find a groomer that does HAND STRIPPING and ask them if they can do him, they will tell you honestly if his coat can be done, if not he will need to be clipped, the groomer will do that too.

As Kazz says,let him settle in first, in a few weeks, look into it.
Dawn.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
29-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #22

Thanks guys

Well he's home and has settled in really well. We saw him and he was really sad and lonely (and soaking too from the rain!)..the second we took him out of his kennel he was a different doggy He seems really good on his lead and was happy to get into the car...he was really good in the car and just layed there (and peered out of the windows hehe). He had a pee on the carpet when he got home but since then has been outside to go to the loo so all is good. He loves his belly being rubbed..whenever you stroke him he rolls onto his back to be done. We think he has been groomed before because my nannan was brushing him and he was just sat there letting her do it with no complaints. I think she is going to bath him soon (in the next few days) then once he has settled in get him groomed (my aunt grooms dogs but not sure what type my nannan is going to ask her about it).

He is soo gorgeous and is lovely He hasn't barked or anything yet lol. He seems really friendly and yeah.

It seems like he's having some trouble with his ear (he keeps scratching at it a lot and it doesn't seem normal) and his back legs also seem a bit stiff (maybe from being on the cold concrete at the shelter?? maybe he has a problem with them)..so in a week or so he will probably be seeing the vet lol.

Oh and he didn't respond to the name Clyde at all, so he is now called Murphy

Catsey Veteran

29-09-2007, 08:22 PM   #23

Great news jane, get posting some pics!

Catsey Senior

29-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #24

Well I only have a few pics and they're really blurry because my brother is useless at using a camera :P but anyway, here they are and and he had a quick wash before this photo just to try and get him to smell a bit nicer and be cleaner..he didn't mind at all and wasn't stressed by it so yeah :P

well even though they're blurry he still looks gorgeous Will get better pics when he's settled in next weekend (or maybe during the week)

Do you think a furminator would help him once he's been groomed?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-09-2007, 09:47 PM   #25

Awww, he looks a sweetie, glad he's settled in so well! Dawn or the groomer would be better able to answer the FURminator question; it's great for cats, but I know nothing about dog grooming....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
30-09-2007, 01:15 AM   #26

Murphy is a great name for him! He is gorgeous, can't wait to see him spruced up

Catsey Veteran

30-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #27

Im not sure there is much Border there, he looks more like a working Wheaten/Lakie type. Does he have a docked tail?

If you get a very thin toothed comb, you will get a lot of that coat out, its still quite wirey by the looks of it, give it a go.

He looks like he has settled in already Jane, your nan must be spoiling him rotten! He looks like he's living in the lap of luxury in that posh bed!

Catsey Senior

30-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #28

Thanks everyone He is gorgeous

borderdawn - I've looked at pics of yours and pics on the tinernet and must admit he doesn't look like them lol *shrug*...hmmmm..I don't think his tail is docked, I can't remember..actually I don't think it is. Will have a look next time I go my nannan was brushing with with a quite thin toothed comb and it got a lot out but think they need to get a thinner one.

Of course she is spoiling him rotten haha. He loves his bed My nannan would never buy a dog bed, she would always make one, but she decided to buy one yesterday so yeah..I dunno lol. I need to get some more pics of him, will get some next saturday (or maybe during the week if I can think of an excuse to go there ) Do you think a furminator would not be very helpful for him then?

Catsey Veteran

30-09-2007, 12:56 PM   #29

Not for a wire haired dog I dont think so Jane, i think they remove undercoat only? You could try a coat king, look here, a very fine one I think you would need, will mage a HUGE difference to his coat.
http://www.diamondedgeltd.com/acatal...ea rs_29.html

Catsey Senior

30-09-2007, 01:19 PM   #30

Will tell my nannan about the coat king thingy Hopefully when he's had a good bath and groom he'll be looking even more gorgeous hehe