Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
27-09-2007, 08:13 AM   #11

Re: A very very sad story..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
But is it preventable Fran what is wrong with him is it down to not doing health checks or taking note of health checks before breeding?
He has total hip dysplasia of both hips. He also has something wrong with both his knees and these keep dislocating also. I do not know the history of Tamba before he went into rescue. I cannot speculate on whether he came from hip tested stock or not as despite a history of excellent hip scores, it is possible to produce a pup with HD. However, Tamba's story does highlight the importance of hip scoring/elbow scoring breeding stock as you greatly lessen the odds of producing a pup with HD/OCD/ED. The *majority* of serious cases of HD/ED you read about are from untested parents.

The thing that has really gotten me over Tamba is where is his breeder? Why has this pup ended up in rescue? He should be with his breeder. Just my opinion of course

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
27-09-2007, 08:21 AM   #12

From experiance Fran most breeders (not all) dont want to know once the pup has been sold. In two years I never met a boxer breeder willing to take back a pup. (sad eh?)

Anyway I hope this little boy manages to get the surgery he needs and has a wonderfull life pain free and full of love. He certainly deserves it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
27-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #13

His breeder or owners SHOULD be facing cruelty charges, for allowing the dog to suffer for this long. Personally, in this case, I think the dog has more than an inherited problem, maybe a one off kind of thing.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
03-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #14

I couldn't bring myself to watch all the video but I certainly hope he recovers well and that his operation helps him.

He must be in such pain and yet his little tail never stops wagging the whole time bless him.

Sarah
x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
04-10-2007, 07:43 AM   #15

He might have a wagging tail, but he must be in pain - his condition is so severe, I would really question his quality of life & the long term outlook for this dog.