Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Seal Point Siamese, mongrol
12-10-2010, 03:37 AM   #1

Hello and Need Advice

Hi There,

Im from upstate NY, and have two beautiful seal point siamese, just a year old. They are beautiful babies, and loved beyond words.

Just recently I found a starving stray outside my mom's house (she's 92). My mother fell in love with him, as he is resemblant in size and color to her cat who passed away last year from cancer.

We brough Ossian into the house, and lo and behold, he is a gentle loving thing who is starving badly. He's declawed and neutered, but he is in terrible pain every time he tries to defecate. The scream is very loud and he sometimes doesn't make it.

He's been out on the street I'd say almost two months, or more. No fleas, either, which is odd, but he's losing fur, very dry and very sad.

I called animal rescue and they brought me a crate, a littery tray and food for inside the crate, and I put him in about an hour ago, will go back in the morning and take him to the vet. I fear the very worst, my heart is just broken that anyone could do this.

I feel like I made a real connection to this animal and will see him through.

If you have advice, plz, plz, help by sharing, Im so desperate to know what to expect with starvation what to give him, like pedialyte and rice and chicken.

I am able to hold and cuddle him, he does cry if you touch the lower bowel area, but I felt for masses and lumps and there are none. His rectum is slightly protruding, he is urinating, and taking in food and water. His vocal chords are bad, I think from crying so long outside.

Thank you in advance.

I'll post pics of Samson and Delilah tomorrow, you'll love them.....I got them from a barn in the country! Siamese are VERY talkative, incredible jumpers and ferociously loyal and loving.

Ossian, the stray, though, I have to make sure whatever happens he is seen to and loved, and taken care of.

Jane.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-10-2010, 07:32 AM   #2

Re: Hello and Need Advice

Hello and welcome, I think this poor kitty needs to see a vet for a proper examiation tbh. If he was absolutely starving then it may take a few days before he has anything to pass. He may have eaten something outside which has caused a blockage or has a severe case of worms. There may also be something more serious causing a blockage but a vet would be best, sooner rather than later.
Feed him little and often, add an extra little bit of water to his food.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #3

Hello Jane and welcome. Bless you for taking care of this stray boy. I do hope that whatever ails him, the vet can take care of and make him better. As Elaine says, he really does need to be assessed by the vet first.

Fingers firmly crossed for him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #4

Welcome, Jane, great that you've rescued poor Ossian! (Marvellous name!). I agree, he needs to be seen by the vet; hopefully it will be something that can be taken care of. Do let us know what happens, and yes, would love to see pics of Samson and Delilah!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
12-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #5

Well done for doing something for him.

He does need to see a vet, there could be any number of things causing his problems, sadly if he is an old boy he could have arthritis or even be in renal failure, there are still things that can be done for him though if he sees a vet. Good luck and let us know how he goes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #6

Welcome to Catsey Jane.
I hope all goes well for Ossian at the Vets, thank goodness someone caring found the poor chap.
Look foward to seeing pics od samson and delilah and also Ossian.
I'm sorry can't realy offer any advice except what everyone else has said about the vet. I would just feed him small amounts at a time because if he's been starving his tum wont be used to a lot of food.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-10-2010, 08:20 AM   #7

Hello Jane and Welcome
So pleased to hear that little Ossian is being cared for now. I'd just like to tag on my advice which is to get him checked out medically and keep him safe, warm and given food and water in small amounts. Poor babe, sounds like he needs gentle care.

and Yes,to pics of Samson & Delilah

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
14-10-2010, 11:58 PM   #8

Any word on this poor wee man?