Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Siamese and moggy
18-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #1

Hi all

New here and just wanting to say hello. I have 2 cats a 14 year old ginger tom called Orange and a 6 month old siamese called Bluebell. Poor old Orange is not doing to well just now and has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. He didn't cope to well at the vets today and had to get oxygen as he was so stressed. Hoping things get better for him when the medication starts on Monday. Bluebell is a little madam and is just up to all sorts of mischief some good some not so good. Tonight she tore my wallpaper behind the curtains in the living room but she is so cute I cant stay mad at her for long anyway hope to speak to you all soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-09-2010, 08:00 PM   #2

Re: Hi all

Hi hellzbellz Nice to see you here. Your cats sound fab, especially bluebell lol.

There are quite a few members on here who have cats with thyroid problems. I'm sure they'll be able to give you a lot of advice. In the meantime have a browse through the health section and see if there's anything there that can help.

(we also like pictures on this site )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #3

Hi and welcome! Do tell us more about Orange and Bluebell, and yes, we love pics! As Alex said, we have members here who are quite knowledgeable about thyroid problems and would be happy to discuss any questions you may have.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #4

Hi! Very sorry to hear about Orange - but as previous posters have said, there are several members here who are experienced in caring for hyperthyroid cats.

Yes, we DO LOVE PICTURES!!! I look forward to meeting both Orange and Bluebell very soon.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #5

Hi, a warm welcome to Catsey!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
18-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #6

Welcome!

Cats owned: Siamese and moggy
18-09-2010, 10:09 PM   #7

Thank you all I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do so. I have found the forum helpful for information on Orange's condition and thanks for that.