Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
26-11-2008, 02:01 PM   #1

Lost kitten?

A neighbour has just come to our door and asked me about a little black and white kitten that she has seen in her garden. How she descibes it sounds like its only about 4wks+ she is afraid to could get hurt by a dog. We couldnt find it have you any ideas how to we can catch it. If i can catch it i dont think i would be able to keep it so i will have to find a rehoming center for it. Oh would just have too lump it.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
26-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #2

Re: Lost kitten?

Hope you manage to find it Jane.....try putting some food out and keeping an eye out for it....
Why do i get the impression if you do find it, it may just stay!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #3

Oh poor little thing - hope you manage to find and catch it Jane. Let us know won't you?

Catsey Veteran

26-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #4

I found it after a chase it looks likes its about 6wks very frieghtend. Its eating now and i think your could be right moli the kitten is probaly staying the kids will not let it go and its already got a name Lucky. Let you all know later on how it gets on. I am taking it too vets tomorrow or saturday morning my son is paying for it to be seen and also all the food as well.

jane and an ever expanding managerer(spelt wrong but you know what you mean)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-11-2008, 02:57 PM   #5

Well, it must belong to someone!
You ought to take steps to find out where it's come from.
Your kids may be delighted - someone else's may be heartbroken.
Please don't just say "I found it; it's mine"
Could well be that it will end up with you - but find out where it came from first

Catsey Veteran

26-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #6

I am going to put an advert up in the shop where everybody goes they also know about it as well as the person who told me about it works there. I think it came from a litter of three as others have been seen as well. I know the if the owner comes and claims the kitten i will give it back but the curcumstances of where it was found and how it was also very hungry as well i somehow dont think it is anybodys. I know i will have to take it too the vet to make sure its healthy i would do that anyway. Its getting cold and with it snowing on saturday i couldnt bear the fought of it freezing out there as it is so so tiny. There is also no adverts beign put up in either shop in the villiage if it was wanted i think there would have being.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
26-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #7

Pleased you have managed to catch the poor little mite....

Catsey Veteran

26-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #8

I have asked around at the school and they are going to put a notice up. I also ask a church verger and a local police woman and they havent heard anything about a missing cat either. I am taking it to the vets in morning to be checked over and deflead as well. I also asked if i could bath the kitten as it is very muddy they advised in kitten shampoo a friend is picking one some up for me. It eyes looks very clear which i am pleased about. It looks like its beign outside for quiet a long while though.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #9

Poor sweetheart - at least it will be warm, safe and well fed tonight. Hope if it has brothers and sisters they have found a safe haven too - and the poor mother cat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #10

I had to go and pick up a 6 week old tabby that OH's friend found walking down the main road yesterday. He was covered in fleas and had a very runny bottom, but thankfully he passed his blood tests and is doing well already. He had obviously been out a while as well, and it was such a bitter weekend! Glad you've got this little one safe and warm