Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
30-05-2006, 05:24 PM   #11

Re: Cat Confidential

Of course you get that impression - she deals with "problem" cats and it's a book that helps you know how to spot and fix issues before they happen. There are also heaps of cats living perfectly happy lives in a big pile of mates.
It's the same effect as if you read the papers - easy to get the impression that all youths are bad, everyone steals, cheats and would kill for a fiver etc. instead of the more likely average bunch of no-saint-but-far-from-hardened-criminals with a few bad eggs.

I have yet to see a post here by someone thinking of planning in an extra cat, who hasn't taken into account that it may not fit with the existing cat/crowd. It's a puzzle, but if you care and if you know your cat(s) well enough to make informed decisions (and it still seems like a good idea), then I'd say it's well worth trying, no?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-05-2006, 05:28 PM   #12

Good point - well made.
We haven't been a single cat household for over 30 years and haven't had any problems in the past, so there's no reason why the arrival of two hooligans should change that!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
30-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #13

Obviously there are more chances of things going wrong with the more cats you have - but that doesnt mean to say it will happen... just more likely than if you lived with a single cat (which in turn can have problems of being an only cat!)

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
02-06-2006, 03:09 PM   #14

There were a few things I disagreed with, I can't remember them all now as it was the end of last year I read it, but I think part was the multi-cat household (Esp as she has one), and I think there was a comment about FIV that I disagreed with.