Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-05-2006, 09:20 PM   #11

Re: Raising twin kittens

Never had 2 at a time. so have no advice to offer; it does seem that they'd amuse on another & play together...but you'll let us know, won't you! Good luck

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
20-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #12

We've had 2 kittens together. They are good fun & will amuse each other when they play etc. I prefer the rescue kittens to go in pairs if the people adopting are at work a lot as I think they are good company for each other.

BUT.... however you look at it DM..... it's ripped wallpaper & pulled down curtains for you soon

Can't wait to see photos of them together, it feels like years since we 1st heard about them.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH & DLH Tabbies
22-05-2006, 10:53 AM   #13

I have found Thomas and Murphy much easier than a single kitten.

They seem to get so much from having same species company and contact.

They sleep together, play together, wash each other and eat together. They are a year old next month and still have to sleep together, if they wake up in a room alone, they cry for their brother.

However, they are still very much separate cats with different identities. I have seen great benefits to having two kittens growing up together. Having a familiar brother also seemed to make their move into a strange new home a lot easier for them. Apparently their mum didn't cope quite so well with them moving out though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-05-2006, 11:28 AM   #14

Thanks Julie! That's what i was hoping to hear. I'll let you know if it's the same for me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
22-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #15

ronnie n reggie are twins, and from day one they played together, got into mischeif together (Plenty of that LOL) they slept together still do some times, and if ones ill the other ones hovvers nearby, and they hate to be separated.they eat together, and groom each other, and fight each other (like now ) but u have loads of fun with them good luck the good far out weighs any bad.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH & DLH Tabbies
23-05-2006, 11:35 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Thanks Julie! That's what i was hoping to hear. I'll let you know if it's the same for me.

I hope it all goes well, do let us know!

Aww, I've just realised those pictures are one grey kitty and one ginger kitty - how cute!