Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-05-2006, 09:09 PM   #11

Re: Elsa..part 2

Leia is like that; she absolutely becomes all arms & legs if I oick her up. She was never a lap cat while Patches was alive ( Is Clementine a lap cat?), but now that she's the only cat she has voluntarily gotten in my lap fairly frequently...but only when SHE wants to. But she has always slept with me..they do have their quirks, don't they? Have you tried coaxing her into your lap with a special treat: prawn, cheese, whatever?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-05-2006, 09:28 PM   #12

Hi Luke

This isn't an answer but an observation I have made, have you ever noticed cats are drawn to people who dislike them an example visitors to your home cat lover who calls puss puss, and the one who ain't keen and sits there all quiet and ignoring the cat who does the cat go to the one who ain't keen thats who.
Why because cats are cats they prefer people sitting quietly and still. Try it ignore her but make yourself inviting. And try to accept she may not be a cat who runs to you but do you want that, she's a cat not a dog and cats "walk alone"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-05-2006, 01:39 AM   #13

Kazz, that is so true! My Aunt & Uncle used to stop in on their way to Florida: my Aunt was afraid of cats, my Uncle loved them...so who did my Siamese pester...??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-05-2006, 10:18 AM   #14

Good point, Kazz & DM!
I have certainly experienced my cats heading straight for the cat-averse/cat-nervous person. I think I remember reading that this is because cats are naturally nervous of a 'wide-eyed' approach (which is what someone keen to speak to them does) and feel more confident with a sideways, under the eyelid glance. Presumably, once they are fully settled and happy in their 'pack' they don't care how we look at them
Have you read the cat psychology books? Vicky Hall (I think?) seems to be popular.
And I agree with others about some cats being cuddly cats and others not so much. I certainly agree that cats do what they want and that's that!