Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbies (Gordon & Ramsay)
28-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #41

Re: An unhappy princess

I am new here but I do agree with Dawn. Sorry to hear that your cat has been through so much but I would be inclined to have her spayed asap.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #42

nicola, she is getting speyed, i have never said she wouldnt be. all my male cats are done, even the house one. It was just she wasnt done at the time of her section for reasons discussed with my vets thats all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
28-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #43

Moving swiftly on, back to the important party.

How's the Princess doing today? Still a bundle of hormones? (Not that that would be surprising. She's had a tough time.)

Catsey Veteran

28-04-2006, 05:56 PM   #44

she getting better hreow, and guess what?? is even sitting by my feet purring right this moment!!!!! getting the odd tickle behind the ear as we go

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: common british cats
28-04-2006, 06:01 PM   #45

Why do you assume i mean only carly?? I mean you said most cats, WHY??? i know a couple of people who have had cats all their lives and the cat has never once been out and neither do they want to go out, should these cats be spayed?? Why put them through an op when it is so unneccessary (which in these cases i believe it is) That is my point, oh i know the health benefits, ie it "could" stop mamary tumours etc, but isnt it just like things with we humans??? Some pill's(contraceptive) can lead to breast cancer, some can help against it etc, We all have the choice and if a cat is in no more danger of getting pregnant/becoming ill with feline aids/leukemia by not going out then why do they need to be spayed/neutered?? Thats my only point, i did not neccessarily state i was meaning in carlys case. I hope i have got across what i mean as i so very often dont. thanks

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
28-04-2006, 06:03 PM   #46

That's *great* news! Both of you feeling better, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
she getting better hreow, and guess what?? is even sitting by my feet purring right this moment!!!!! getting the odd tickle behind the ear as we go

Catsey Veteran

28-04-2006, 06:05 PM   #47

yup, feeling better all round.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mainly ferals
28-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #48

Rach, Carly's cat is unspayed so yes it does refer to her's as well seeing as we are on her thread. I deal with Cat Rescue and I see the results from people having unspayed females, and no, they didn't intend their cat to get pregnant either......it was an accident or they got out or some other poor excuse. When you see the other side of it, then you can have an opinion on what we have to go through dealing with people who for some reason can't be bothered getting them done. I have nothing against genuine, honest breeders but I despise back street breeders. You can't guarantee a cat won't get out and how would you feel putting it bluntly, wanting your oats and not being allowed to? I've had unspayed feral cats in and they are pitiful when they are in season because they want to mate so bad.......is it kind letting them go through that time after time. Psycologically it must do their head in so yes, they should be spayed for their own well being.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbies (Gordon & Ramsay)
28-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #49

Did your vet say how long it would be before she can be spayed?

Catsey Veteran

28-04-2006, 06:18 PM   #50

once she over this op, and tummy is better and her general condition is good.

Closed Thread