Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: grey and black and white
03-12-2006, 11:38 PM   #11

Re: Another vet visit for PEbbles

Fingers crossed from us too.

Angie and the gang

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
04-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #12

((((((hugs)))))) - really hope all is ok when she visits the Vets x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
05-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #13

Bit of a mixed vet visit really - no temp, nothing wrong with her leg, but she was slightly dehydrated and slightly snuffly. The fecal sample that I had cancelled was still done, and something on there, plus how she is at the moment (she just laid there while she had her temp took and 2 jabs, itwas only when we gave her a tab that she acted like herself) is making the vet wonder about pancreatitis - she has always been convinced that there was something underlying with her. But so far all tests have come back negative (and there has been a lot of them!!). She had only lost a small bit of weight though. Vet said there was no conclusive test for pancreatitis, and no real treatment, so she is on antibiotics and anti-inflams for a week and see how she goes. She was fine last night, she ate quite well, but this morning she didn't want to know, I have ended up putting her in the bathroom for the day with a plate of a/d, a bowl of dry (she seemed to tuck into that, but when I checked the level before leaving, it hadn't gone down that much), water and her tray. The reluctance to eat is a real worry at the moment, esp as the anti-inflams are in there. I have no idea how I am going to get her meds down her tonight!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #14

Poor girl doesn't sound at all well BT

Cassie had tripancreatitis two years ago and had to be hospitalised for 5 days. She had a high tenperature, stopped eating and drinking, she didn't go to the toilet and she just didn't move. She was immediately put on a drip, had ABs and appetitie enhancers. At one stage, we nearly lost her where she was so ill but thank goodness she gradually pulled through.

My vet said there was no real cause for it, just that it can happen any time to cats
I really hope Pebbles picks up soon......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-12-2006, 03:56 PM   #15

Really hope the vets can get to the bottom of Pebbles' problems BT x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
05-12-2006, 08:25 PM   #16

If she does have pancreatitis its extremely painful, so she must be feeling rough poor little thing. Hope she picks up soon BT.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-12-2006, 09:34 PM   #17

Sorry they can't give you a definite diagnosis. Poor girl, I hope she perks up and starts feeling bteter very soon; it's so worrying for you........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
05-12-2006, 10:54 PM   #18

fingers crossed for her BT, hope you're holding up ok under all the strain.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
07-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #19

WEll, she is going back to the vets tonight, still no real interest in eating - although every time I give her something new, she shows an interest, so I think seh will be fine, and then doesnt' touch the second half I put down!! She keeps lying in the food bowls to get away from me encouraging her to eat as well. She is eating more dry than wet, but until last night, no sign of drinking, which isn't good in an already dehydrated cat!! She will eat a bit more if I hand feed her, but as soon as i try and get her to eat on her own she wont, which is a real worry with me working full time. I need the vet to be straight with me as to how good her chances are of beating this, esp as she has been on meds since Mon and no real improvement. To make matters worse, I went through something similar this time 2 years ago, and that didn't have a positive outcome, I do hope history doesn't properly repeat itself, but it is also bringing back some unpleasant memories, and making me feel even more down about it all. Plus a doc's visit and a power cut for 13 hours this week, so not having a good time, and certainly dont want to be at work.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #20

{{{Big hugs}}} BT x