Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
30-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #1

Poorly or not?

Think Im being a bit daft here, but on Tuesday I bought what I would term as a "cheap" cat food, a dry one as a snack and a change, not as a food as such, it was Purina Omega Cat. Well they all loved it!! (traitors )

Wednesday Schnapps had the runs, not bad just loose really but she wouldnt eat, but was drinking more than normal. She ate late on the night. She ate brekkie yesterday, but not her tea, but again ate last night, she ate this morning. She is drinking more than usual but coupled with the fact she had loose motions (which are now ok) and all the dry food I thought it was that.

Anyways, I am going on holiday next week and my Father is coming to look after Rosie Papillon and the 2 she cats. Its been nagging at me in case she is brewing something, perhaps a kidney problem with the extra drinking? So I took her to the Vet tonight for some routine bloods in case. Physical exam shows her in fine health, but I wanted to be safe rather than sorry, especially with leaving them with somebody else. So results tomorrow! Fingers crossed.
Dawn.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #2

Re: Poorly or not?

I've got my fingers crossed that all will be well with Schnapps Dawn...........

More than likely the change of food brought on the runs ........ and being dry, made her extra thirsty. If she is anything like Cassie she probably gobbled the dry food down fast

Why is it that our cats always worry us before we go on hiliday?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
30-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #3

Fingers crossed the results will all be normal Dawn. Sounds like there's a good chance that it is the change in food that has upset her

Catsey Veteran

30-11-2006, 08:18 PM   #4

Thanks both, hope youre right. I normally would of waited a while to see if she improved, but with going away I didnt feel comfortable leaving it.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
30-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Thanks both, hope youre right. I normally would of waited a while to see if she improved, but with going away I didnt feel comfortable leaving it.
Dawn.
I would have been exactly the same Dawn....quite understandable. Fingers crossed here x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
30-11-2006, 08:35 PM   #6

Hi Dawn, I'm quite sure it was the change in food. Animals, who would have them. Haha

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #7

Hello Dawn, Sure all will be well with Schnapps, swear they do this to worry us.
But remember that older cats are prone to kideny trouble and the results may come back a little higher but look at Cleo (dodgy results) but fine in herself.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #8

Hope it was just the food change; know you'll feel better having had her checcked. Fingers crossed for good results, Dawn!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #9

Sorry to hear this Dawn, they always like a fuss and to worry us when we are about to head off on holiday Is she old? Is there anything else that makes you think it might be her kidneys?
I am with the others on this that its probably the change of food and eating the dry food thats making her drink more but you know her best and as you say better to get it checked if its gonna niggle at you.
I hope the results come back clear for any kidney issues xxx

Catsey Veteran

30-11-2006, 09:43 PM   #10

Thanks all

She is 14 and a half Elaine, the age and the fact she has drank more in the last couple days just made me think "kidneys" Hope I'm wrong.

Ill let you know tomorrow.
Dawn,