Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
20-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #31

Re: Thought it couldn't get worse but.....

Great to hear she's home. Bet you spoil her rotten for the next wee while.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-11-2006, 08:52 PM   #32

Glad she's home! Sorry. never heard of decongestant for a cat, did you ask the vet? Poor baby, she's ben through a rough time!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-11-2006, 09:57 PM   #33

So pleased that she is home!!

Not sure about decongestants but as you may know Porsha has been quite unwell with rhinitis and we have followed our vets advice re putting her in a cat carrier and placing a steaming hot bowl of water just outside the door with a towel placed over (You could perhaps try adding menthol or eucylptus to the water?). The steam does seem to help. You could even put her in the bathroom with you whilst you have a shower. i hope she continues to improve x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
20-11-2006, 11:00 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
So pleased that she is home!!

Not sure about decongestants but as you may know Porsha has been quite unwell with rhinitis and we have followed our vets advice re putting her in a cat carrier and placing a steaming hot bowl of water just outside the door with a towel placed over (You could perhaps try adding menthol or eucylptus to the water?). The steam does seem to help. You could even put her in the bathroom with you whilst you have a shower. i hope she continues to improve x
Funnily enough Fran I've just read something in a book about doing that, but is was an American book and I wasn't sure if it sounded cruel. I did put a drop of eucylptus essential oil into a mug of boiling water and placed it near her earlier, but it didn't seem to do much. The steam all disappeared into the air.

I think I'll give it a go in a carrier then. She seems so blocked up bless her.

I think she's definitely pleased to be home though. She's followed me everywhere this afternoon!!!

xx