Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
02-11-2006, 01:47 PM   #1

My Tango is very sick

Tango is nearly 14, about 5-6 weeks ago he had some serious vomiting and was rushed to the emergency vet for it, he was getting dehydrated and looked like he was on deaths door, we were so worried, then on the 2nd vet visit they found a lump in his tummy... he had blood tests and they came back ok just high white blood cells, he had a high temperature but was given antibiotics for a week and the lump turned out to be a very hard bloody poo, after that had been passed he recovered quite quickly and has been quite well for two weeks.
2 days ago he seemed a bit down, and last night started vomiting badly again, so off to the vet this morning, now he has a slighly low temperature, high heart rate and some pain in his tummy, the vet says it must be more than an infection because the antibiotics would have cleared that up.

He really looks sick and depressed, its heartbreaking .
So the vet has kept him in, hes going to be put on a drip, have another set of blood tests, x-rays, an ultrascan and whatever medications they feel he needs, he might have to stay there tommorrow too, I hate leaving him there but hes in the best place I know.
The vet really doesn't have a clue what it could be yet, I was good and didn't cry at all at the vets, its my weakness to fall apart when my babies get sick I just love them so much

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
02-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #2

Re: My Tango is very sick

Poor Tango and poor you.
Sometimes the drip makes them like new, as dehydration is very debilitating for them, but I understand how worrying it is.
Hope you get an answer soon. Thinking of you.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-11-2006, 02:51 PM   #3

Poor Tango The vets will do their very best for him but it is so worrying for you.

I hope they can find the cause and treat the problem very soon so that you can have your old boy back home with you. Thinking of you and Tango.........x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
02-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #4

Sending Tango Get Well vibes and sending you a big ((((((hug)))))), I hope it gets sorted soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #5

Poor Tango, he is in the best place, hope the vet can sort him out and he is hime soon...."hugs" to you and Tango.......

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
02-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #6

Thanks for your kind words, it does help!
Got some results back from the vet.
Just the blood tests at the moment, all of the viruses they tested for came back negative.
Kidneys are fine, there is some problem with either his liver or gall bladder results but apparently they could be symptoms of the problem not the problem itself. There are some more tests to do regarding this but they have to test him before eating and after, at the moment hes still not eating so hopefully they can do this tommorrow.
He was having his xray while they were on the phone to me so no results back from that, and they still might have to do the ultrasound but the vet said that he is quite unhappy so they're going to leave that for tommorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #7

Hi Sam,

Sorry to hear about Tango they are such a worry. I would have thought that an xray would be more accurate/see more than an ultrasound. My previous cat lucy had a lump in her tummy, vet first thought it was compacted feces but it turned out to be lymphomas. She was running a very high temperature and was being sick every day, her coat had an oil/sticky appearance, and she seemed very out of it. The vet told me the only reason a cat will have continued high temperature is either through poisoning or cancer.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Tango

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #8

Hi Sam. Thinking of you and Tango at this very hard time. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything comes back ok and that Tango will soon be on the mend. Will keep you in my thoughts tonight and tomorrow, ((((hugs)))) Alex x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: tabby
02-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #9

Hang on in there, Sam. Hope you get some clarity soon and that your poor Tango will be more comfortable tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-11-2006, 09:32 PM   #10

Poor Tango; hope they get him sorted out and that he's soon home and well...this is so hard for you, I know. (((hugs))).