Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
26-06-2006, 06:32 AM   #11

Re: Indie (non cat)

AAhhhhh that explains it Fran! I thought working trials when you mentioned tracking. Hope she does well. I did trials with my first Dobermann, great fun, enjoyed it a lot. Any of them working in the field?
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-06-2006, 09:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Any of them working in the field?
Dawn.
Not yet Dawn! But since Indie has been 'noticed' I have had several enquiries regarding Maddie's future puppies. Maddie is out of some very good FTCh from the Drakeshead line..

Catsey Veteran

26-06-2006, 10:07 PM   #13

Will you be keeping one for yourself, you could start them off in the field!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

26-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Will you be keeping one for yourself, you could start them off in the field!
Dawn.
Yes, we are certainly planning to keep a pup from her next and probably final litter...whether we train her to the gun is still in debate!

Catsey Veteran

26-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Yes, we are certainly planning to keep a pup from her next and probably final litter...whether we train her to the gun is still in debate!
No, not in debate is settled!!! You MUST!!! I have a friend that has champion chocs in the field and the ring, one of the few, great to see.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

26-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #16

To be honest, I do fancy showing rather than working but we will see

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2006, 06:38 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
To be honest, I do fancy showing rather than working but we will see
Drakeshead lines? more a working type I would of thought, but a good breeding may get you just what you want, brains and beauty, good luck.
Dawn.
p.s Know a couple of super dual purpose stud dogs

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2006, 08:27 AM   #18

Quote:
Drakeshead lines? more a working type I would of thought, but a good breeding may get you just what you want, brains and beauty, good luck.
Dawn.
p.s Know a couple of super dual purpose stud dogs
Yes you are correct Dawn..but she is show bred one side and the dog I have lined up for her is Nigabee Gyroscope who is a crufts lifetime qualifier. He is out of the Rocheby lines. I would really like to produce dual purpose puppies. There is no way that I could mate Maddie back to a working line or all her puppies would have to go to working homes. They would definitely not be managable as 'just' pets. She herself has too strong a working nature..she was a difficult puppy and it seems mating her back to show lines just puts that bit of calmness into her puppies. Whilst still retaining the enthusiam and brains necessary to do a job..

To be honest, Tikka would probably produce the best pups for the show ring. We took Tikka to meet Julia from the Nigabee kennel and she was very impressed with her but she has no working in her pedigree at all and is a typical show bred bitch so realistically it's unlikey that any of her pups will make good working dogs. So highly unlikely to get good dual purpose pups out of her..

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2006, 09:55 AM   #19

Some of Marion Hopkinsons (Rocheby) stuff is very heavy and short legged, "Navy Blue" I really liked, a very nice animal. The kennel I admire and I know the lady is "Jackie Hodge" of "Naiken" Labradors, dual purpose, good lookers and great temperaments.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #20

Quote:
Some of Marion Hopkinsons (Rocheby) stuff is very heavy and short legged, "Navy Blue" I really liked, a very nice animal. The kennel I admire and I know the lady is "Jackie Hodge" of "Naiken" Labradors, dual purpose, good lookers and great temperaments.
Dawn.
Rocheby Navy Blue is Nigabee Gyroscopes's sire (the dog I am planning to use). You are quite correct and this is why I have chosen this line for Maddie..she throws very 'leggy' pups that tend to be very tall... I am wanting to take some height out of her pups and put a bit of bone in to them..

I would never consider this line for Tikka, who if anything needs height putting into her pups and certainly doesn't need more bone..