Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #21

Re: I know I said no more.....

Oh doesn't she look scared, poor girl. Time and gently does it, you're the expert farthing and I'm sure she will come round.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
02-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #22

Louise if you need any help with the wee kitten give me a shout my specialty the feisty feral ones as I am not working at the moment and have a spare room if you need help and have the time as well

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
10-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #23

Farthing, it gets me when people say they can't afford to look after a cat yet they make money for all the little luxuries like Sky TV, cinema visits, diner, the pub etc', then expect someone else to take on their cat. Any animal taken on to live with you is for LIFE. Fair enough if they take on an animal with the best intentions and then for example the new landlord won't allow pets, but even then, immediate family should be considered 1st to take the cat on. All animals should have Godparents/Dogparents/Catparents! It would save you having to take on so much out of the goodness of your heart. I applaud you, you are the Mother Theresa of cats, bless you and bless them, they have no idea how lucky they are to have you. and Liz too, if needs be.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
11-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #24

Mrs Tibbs has been returned. It all kicked off on the [Sys edit: Contains pet forums] page because I had not told the previous owner we had changed her name. Obviously, even though I work, Mike works, we are looking after all the animals, we have lost 2 goats and 2 sheep to old age in the last week and I'm visiting my mum in hospital 3 evenings a week, I have to also make time to inform someone I don't like the animals name.
We eventually gave the cat back, Mike dropped her off at about 10pm last night after deciding this issue was not going to go away. It also turned out that although I was expected to keep in touch and update the previous owner in every decision of Mrs Tibbs, she had failed to mentioned, if her circumstance changed she would expect the cat back,even if it was years down the line.
To say I am pretty fed up about this it an understatement and in future will make it clear that when an animal is handed over the previous owner has no say in its future and we at no time foster an animal, long term, especially without prior agreement while taking on the physical, emotional and financial responsibilities of that animal.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #25

I can't believe the cheek of people who take advantage of your goodness!!! You have waaaay too much going on in your life to be nursemaid to their animals, it should be a given that when an animal is taken into YOUR care then the previous owner has lost any say in their future. You and Mike must have the patience of saints, I'd be around there and wiping the floor with them if I lived closer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #26

sorry you have had such problems with the owner. I feel sorry for the cat if she can just change her mind like that.
seems to me that the lady had unrealistic expectations.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #27

Beggers belief, farthing. You really did the only thing possible.

Also reinforces what a potential vat of mischief f*book is - I steer clear.