Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #11

Re: I know I said no more.....

Both names are nice . Ugh no calls for fleas long term these days. Shes better off with you x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
26-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #12

Aw she looks so lovely and if she's as docile as you say she will make a friendly companion. I like the name Pebbles too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #13

I like Mrs Tibbs. Although Pebbles is nice. There again I like Mee-Yu is good too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
31-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #14

What did you decide?

Catsey Veteran

31-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #15

Yes what did you decide on

And more importantly really how is your Mom?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
31-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #16

We have decided on Mrs Pebbles for her name. We have also just this minute taken in 2 more cats. We took in a cat for the vet who is thin and crawling with lice. The vets can't keep her due to the worry of her infecting other cats. The rescues here are full to bursting so as a last hope they called us. She is tucked up in a crate in a potacabin with a snuggle pad to keep her warm, while she is in quarantine.
Added to this, a woman walked into the vet with a box, this afternoon, with a kitten. It's a farm kitten whose mother was killed by a dog, about 6 weeks old and she can't keep it because she has dogs. So it is in a cage beside Mrs Tibbs, it's may well be feral because it bit me as I tried to put it into the cage. A busy time ahead for us.

Thank you for asking Kass, but my mum has acute leukaemia. She is in hospital, but she also has an infection which is complicating things.nthe condition she has also means she isn't making platelets or red blood cells, so she is very poorly.
We are visiting 3 evenings a week, which isn't as much as I would like but at the same time very tiring.
I have to admit, I feel quite run down, but have a couple of days off work next week, which is one less drain on my time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #17

She Looks lovely,i like mrs tibbs.think the Brontes had a cat called tibbs.

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by farthing
Thank you for asking Kass, but my mum has acute leukaemia. She is in hospital, but she also has an infection which is complicating things.nthe condition she has also means she isn't making platelets or red blood cells, so she is very poorly.
We are visiting 3 evenings a week, which isn't as much as I would like but at the same time very tiring.
I have to admit, I feel quite run down, but have a couple of days off work next week, which is one less drain on my time.
I would say look after yourself however sometimes there just is no time or maybe better description of the no time thing would be - available time is allotted to people and jobs WE believe need us more than WE need US.
And we struggle to get through the day - I hope your Mom is comfortable and that you take an hour or so to just "relax with a coffee or tea"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
01-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #19

The kitten, who is a bit feisty, but also a scared baby. I think it's about. 8 weeks old but not an expert on young ones.

Catsey Veteran

02-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #20

Hope she settles down and is at last hand-able