Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: na
09-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #1

Stray Cat

A friend has a stray cat coming in to their garden every day, no collar...decided to catch it and have taken it to the vet to see if it's micro chipped but it isn't...they say it's an un neutered male but are not sure about it's age...he looks like he has lost weight over the six months he's been visiting...have knocked on all the doors in the area but no luck in finding owner.
Have set it free but if they can catch it again, are there any rescue places in North London where they can take it to at short notice...they are happy to take it but because it comes at weird times it's difficult to keep it over night as they have cats of their own.
Not happy to take it to the RSPCA.
All help appreciated.
Thanks

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #2

Re: Stray Cat

Hi Lisa - sorry to hear about this stray boy. I'm afraid when I tried to take in a stray in similar circumstances, things went bad as the cat started bullying my two and as I couldn't have that I had to find a rescue place for him - it was winter by then. Males are very low priority in any rescue that are all bursting at the seams with pregnant and nursing mothers and kittens.

Sorry to say I have no helpful information to pass on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
09-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #3

I too had a problem with a stray, and even now I seem to attract all the local bad boys I have three neutered girls but it must be the food smells that attracts them to my house.
I can only suggest contacting Cats Protection and if he can be caught and held they can get a voucher to you to get him neutered, but don't know if you are prepared to do this.
As he is thin, the best I can suggest is to feed him well away from the house, I know that being intact he is liable to spray and that causes all sorts of problems.
Keep trying the local rescues, there may be a fostering system in place, good luck with it all. Sorry can't give more advice, just wish the poor puss well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
11-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #4

Would your friend be prepared to catch this boy again & get him neutered? She could ask CP if they would give a voucher to get him done. Neutered boys are more acceptable than those that arent.

I dont know the area at all but could Battersea cat & dogs home take the cat?