Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #21

Re: Unexpected new additions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
They sound nice caring folk and hopefully will take their cat back when they get settled.
I agree. That's responsible pet ownership, rather than doing what a lot of folk would; turfing poor puss out on the street.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
17-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #22

The kittens are now ready for their first vaccinations, they are little thugs. Rufus is a typical ginger boy, very affectionate, whereas Penny is hyperactive.

A quick update on Fluffy and Pudding.
They are both being fed separately 4 times a day, and Fluffy has put on a tiny amount of weight, but at least she has stopped losing it. She has developed a little cough when lying, the vet can't hear any fluid in her lungs, but she is in heart failure so I wanted her checked.
Pudding is now on metacam, I've tried to avoid it because of her kidney issues, but the acupuncture was not working for the arthritis in her jaw. She gets puréed pâté food with ipakitine powder added and has put on half a kilo!
Her breathing has been laboured the last few days, the vet couldn't find anything wrong, but gave her a long acting antibiotic. It may be the heat but we covered for and infection anyway.

So, although the old ladies are basically getting palliative care and being kept as comfortable as we can, they are actually doing ok.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #23

Thanks for the update farthing. Virtual hugs to the oldies and those kittens ............ well, I think we need more photos! (please!!!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
17-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #24

Thanks for letting us know how Fluffy and Pudding are doing, the senior ladies are having lots of love and your special attention, bless you for that. Yes, would love pics of tearaway Penny and the little ginger boy please

Catsey Veteran

18-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #25

Well, it's hard to get pictures of them, because they never sit still, but a couple of OK ones!

Rufus

Penny

Catsey Veteran

18-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #26

Thanks, farthing. They are both very sweet, I could just do with a kitten cuddle!

Catsey Veteran

21-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #27

We pick up Calvin the 16 year old cat at 5 today. Hopefully she will settle in and be happy. I think I'm going to struggle with a girl called Calvin though, so she may well become Cally.

Catsey Veteran

21-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #28

I hope Cally settles in well with your pride, farthing. (Calvin is a wee bit of an odd name for a girlie!)