Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
12-04-2011, 02:06 AM   #1

Cats + Rain/hail

Im sure you can just picture the scene, sun splitting out of the skies, Tim + Amber playing in their run, Amber has taken to jumping about 3ft up in the air to catch passing flies Tim stalks immaginary prey - or perhaps real, I just can't see it

I heard the first few splatters of rain and called the dogs in - living at the sea a gentle shower can turn into a downpour at the blink of an eye. Went to the cat flap to call the kids in - by this time the rain had come on and horror of horrors there was hail as well.

Amber had ran into the box [its a food bin on its side - just until I get a Katakabin ] - she likes it and quite often sits in it, waiting to pounce on Tim as he goes past. Amber knows what rain is......! She knows to shelter......

Tim crouched down, ran up the run, back down, looked upwards in amazement [totally ignored my calls] then he sat down and did a "wee" in the pouring rain/hail

About half an hour later we had a really bad hail shower and both of them shot in through the catflap, past me and ran up the back stairs to the sun room - what an initiation to wet weather.

Later when I went out after another heavy shower, they were both sitting on the shelf inside beside the cat flap - they now know to come in when its wet and wait until its over

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #2

Re: Cats + Rain/hail

Poor wee ones - I hadn't even thought that they wouldn't know what rain felt like, let alone hail! As you say, they know now. I could picture the whole thing as you described it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #3

Ah, the dark side of the outdoors! The sun and gentle breezes are lovely; now they've learned about rain and hail. I wonder what they'll think of snow come next Winter? That was a really good word picture; I could just visualize the whole scene.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
12-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #4

Poor babies - loved Tim deciding rain = wet = wee!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
12-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Poor babies - loved Tim deciding rain = wet = wee!
It was funny at the time, it will be better when i get the proper outdoor cat shelters for them then they can
choose whether to stay out or come in. Its certainly been a success - they are in seventh heaven. They spend a fair amount of time scooting in & out of the cat flap - thats a very exciting thing to do