Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic
22-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #1

Olivers on his last warning!

Last night, at 1.30 in the morning, I heard Oliver in the bathroom scuttling about. I thought, here we go again, hes got another bird. As soon as he heard me coming, he started growling and shot down the stairs and outside. After checking to see that he hadnt left his "toy" behind, I looked out and saw him in the garden running around after something. The neighbours had come out to see what it was he was chasing. It wasnt a bird nor a mouse. It was a frog! Neighbours were so amused to see this. I wasnt, I couldnt help but wonder if he would bring it back in. About an hour later, I heard him in the loo again, but he didnt run this time. He had a dead mouse. So that was it, there was to be no sleep for me the rest of the night! Im terrified he brings a live one in and it escapes from him and decides to nest somewhere. I never had this bother with my other cats, they never showed much interest in birds or mice or even frogs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
22-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #2

Re: Olivers on his last warning!

Oh dear, it may help to keep him in at night as dawn and dusk are the time cats catch most prey. This isn't infallible and we are hoping Tolly leaves the rabbits alone this year. We are threatening an even bigger bell on his collar- maybe a cow bell would slow him down!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
22-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #3

a frog!! what a boy!! it is awful when they bring live animals into the house my mums cat does it all the time. is it a cat flap that you have for him?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #4

I'm very much afraid that Kizzy and Pip are members of this gang - it's particularly horrid at night. Keeping them in is the only foolproof answer but you'd have to put up with the yowling to get out and the scratching and whatever tactics they decide to employ to make you let them out.

Catsey Senior

22-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #5

Yes it is a catflap. The only problem is that Benny comes and goes and if I was to lock the flap, he wouldnt get in. Mind you, it was quite funny watching him darting and leaping after this thing and like I said , the neighbours enjoyed it too! I'm sure frogs would be quite foul tasting, so I think if he broke their skin, he wouldnt chase them again! Where on earth is he finding the frogs. Id love to put a camera on him and record where he goes at night!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
22-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I'm very much afraid that Kizzy and Pip are members of this gang - it's particularly horrid at night. Keeping them in is the only foolproof answer but you'd have to put up with the yowling to get out and the scratching and whatever tactics they decide to employ to make you let them out.
They do seem to settle to it but it gets harder to keep them in when the evenings are lighter. Our lot just snooze at night now and only rarely make a fuss to get out and that is usually if someting is out there that gets their attention. There was of course the (in)famous occasion Tolly headbutted his way through the locked cat door to chase off a fox........

Catsey Senior

22-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #7

It really would be the end for Oliver if he tried messing with foxes!! Another thing that gets him going are bumblebees. I tried to tell him it would sting him (but he doesnt understand (lol)). He will if he ever catches one!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-03-2011, 11:28 PM   #8

Pip was playing with a bumblebee today - it was a big queen and I just had to go and rescue it. Luckily it seemed unharmed. I have a flowerpot and a feather as my rescue kit. I am particularly fond of bumblebees and so, unfortunately, is Pip!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
23-03-2011, 02:10 AM   #9

Oops, hope froggy got away unscathed.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
23-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #10

The picture of him chasing the frog made me smile.

We were just saying it would be so much fun if you could put a wee camera on their collars! A day in the life of a catsey cat!