Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
04-07-2007, 09:57 AM   #111

Re: Starting low carb eating again, anybody want to join me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
10 stone 3lbs today!!! I am catching up with you Donna !!

Smudgley are you going to join us??
Well I'd like to... yesterday my mates were taking me out for a birthday treat, but we were all so busy we didn't have time in the end, so we raced off to Donalds instead & ate it in the car rushing back to work. Today is my birthday so not the best day to start a diet, but tomorrow... I promise, I'm with ya. Do I have to announce my weight to the world?

Emma, tell me what to eat tomorrow. I prefer not to eat breakfast, but I will if I really have to... to be honest I quite often don't eat anything during the day, but don't stop eating all evening. So give me a simple idea of what to have tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #112

wooohoooo look at you go Donna!!!!! hmmm 2lbs between us!!! lol

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #113

Ok smudgley I am going to recommend some meals and you can pick what you like, you will have to tell me anything you do not like.

You do not have to post up your weight but I find it does help, if you do not post it, keep a record of it, also take measurements before you start, because there will be times when you are not losing weight but you will lose inches. measure, neck, upper arms, bust, waist, hips, bottom, thighs, you can also measure you wrists and ankles.

You do not have to have breakfast if you do not want to, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, although after a couple of days you will lose your appetite you should try and eat something to keep your metabolism moving.

BREAKFASTS

Fresh egg custards - made with cream, egg yolk and sweetener - Splender is a good sweetener

---------------------- or

omelette made with any of the following, bacon, cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, small amount of onion

---------------------- or

bacon, eggs, black pudding, fried mushrooms, sausages - TRY AND FIND THE LOWEST CARB SAUSAGES YOU CAN THEY SHOULD BE LESS THAN 2g CARBS PER SAUSAGE - THEY WILL BE THE ONES WITH THE HIGHEST MEAT CONTENT

----------------------

LUNCH

Salads - lettuce, cucumber, avocado, spring onions, celery, peppers, radishes, watercress

Top salads with protein/meat - chicken, beef, pork, duck

---------------------------- or

I know you said you didn't like fish but do you like prawns?

Pawn cocktail on avocado

---------------------------- or

Crustless quiche -

4 oz Bacon - chopped
1/2 onion - chopped
6 eggs
170ml whipping cream
570g frozen chopped broccoli or spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
225g cheese (Gruyère is nice)
small amount of salt and pepper

heat oven to 180c, butter 10 inch tart pan
fry bacon and onion until slightly brown, drain and place in tart pan together with broccoli or spinach, mix eggs and cream together and pour over ingredients in tart pan, add cheese.

Cook in the hot oven for 1 hour 15 minutes or until brown on top and cooked.

Serves 8

You can have with warm or cold for lunch with or without a salad

------------------------------

DINNER

Any plain meat with veg, veg - green beans, broccoli, cauliflower,

--------------------------- or

Omelette - same choices as for lunch

--------------------------

SNACKS

Devilled eggs - hardboiled eggs with the yolk removed and mixed with mayo and seasoning also some mustard if you like.

Small bag (50g) of salted peanuts

NOTES

Tomatoes - eat in moderation 1-2 a day but no more
Peppers the same - eat in moderation

Condiments

Tabasco sauce
Worcestershire sauce
Soy Sauce
Capers
Mustard
Mayo - full fat - no need to have reduced fat
Pesto

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 07:06 PM   #114

Drink loads of water, as much as you can.

Coffee with cream

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 10:30 PM   #115

Ok, I'll give this a go. I will weigh myself tomorrow & make a start on the diet.
2 problems I can see though. 1- I like really plain food, so quite limited on what I could eat from your list. 2-time is always against me. I'm up at 5.45/6am & some mornings have to leave at 6.30/7am. remember I have to sort out my animals & mother-in-law has to be collected before I go. So time for preparing breakfast & lunch is really tight. but I will give it a go & see how I get on. Need your support guys.

thanks for all the tips so far.

Shall I drink black coffee? I can't ask people to put cream in my coffee when I do a visit.

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #116

Hi Smudgley,

With a bit of planning you should be fine, I get up between 5.30 and 5.55am every morning and leave work for 7am, get home anytime after 5pm. Donna juggles a job and her children and copes with low carbing very well. You will need to spend some time preparing the food though, but once low carbing you will not be spending time snacking in the evening

If you like plain food this should really be a doddle for you, it will only be lunchtime that you will need to prepare for, salads you can do enough for a couple of days with very fresh ingredients. I usually find that when I do my dinner I sort out my lunch for the next day, seems to work very well.

Do you like cheese? a cheese salad is very easy to prepare for lunch and you could have a nice omelette (using those lovely fresh eggs you are getting ) for dinner.

If you are happy having black coffee even better, don't forget diet soft drinks, and any squashes need to be sugar free. You can have milk in your drinks but cream is better than milk in coffee due to the higher fat content. and water, water, water!!!

Forget any low calorie food, this will only make you feel hungry, proper low carbing and you will forget about food. Don't be frightened to eat some fat, this is not a low fat way of eating, the fat and the protein is what stops the hunger cravings.

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 10:42 PM   #117

Smudgley, if in doubt over what you can eat, just post up the details and either me or Donna will be able to tell you if it is ok, you will make a few mistakes as you go along but don't worry about it.

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Ok, I'll give this a go. I will weigh myself tomorrow & make a start on the diet.
2 problems I can see though. 1- I like really plain food, so quite limited on what I could eat from your list
When you get a chance Smudgley post up all of the foods that you can think of that you like to eat and also the ones that you dont, and I will mark the ones that you can eat.

There are thousands of low carb recipes I could find for you, if I know what you like, some are very easy to make, and you could freeze/refrigerate them. egg custard is a great example, you can do a batch and pop them in the freezer and just take them out the night before you want them.

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #119

Great snack

A piece of ham/thinly sliced chicken etc, spread with cream cheese, roll up and enjoy

Catsey Veteran

04-07-2007, 11:02 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Great snack

A piece of ham/thinly sliced chicken etc, spread with cream cheese, roll up and enjoy
now your talking. that's much more me.

I can tolerate black coffee & I'll try & drink it & see how I go.

Do I like cheese? Do I like cheese?.............. me could live on cheese & chocolate.

So tomorrow I'm up & out early as I have a meeting on a Thursday, so won't be able to eat brekkie. I'll take 2 tomates & some lettuce & celery with some cheese for lunch (how much cheese can I have?)

For tea, I'll have a chicken breast with cauli & broccoli. Got a meeting at school at 5pm & it's my dauhters birthday, but this should work ok.

i'll drink lots of water during the day & I've only got one visit to do & I never get offered a drink there anyway, so no need to worry about milk.

Does that sound ok?