Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #31

Re: Healing vibes needed please

Glad Missy is improving Elaine and thank you for opening our eyes to the vets now fiasco. I didn't know such clinics existed. Like Eileen says they sound reasonable in theory but your treatment has certainly put me off.
Fortunately our vets do on call, i just hope it stays that way, there is a clinic close by i notice.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #32

Tried to negotiate a later pick up to save taking her home and then back out to the vets but they said we must pick her up by 7.30 . Off to pick up Matt then get Missy. What a bloody carry on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-07-2010, 08:12 AM   #33

Why couldn't the vets hold onto her till her owners were home. ALthough I do think maybe they will be happier seeing her "at" home rather than "at" the vets. Less of a shock to the system regardless of how well prepared you are the "at home" senario is the lesser of two evils.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #34

What a shame you, Matt and Missy have been so badly treated by Vets Now. My vet uses this organization for their out of hours work but they operate from the actual pratice.

I had cause to take Fifi there over Christmas once when she choked on a dried leaf and they were very professional. They didn't have access to her records as they were operating using their own laptops but as soon as the actual vet opened all information was transferred over and my guys took over.

Yes, they did want paying upfront and it was quite hefty but they did check her out carefully for the fee.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #35

Sorry to hear you've been messed about by this 'vet-now' business. It certainly seems unfair to expect folk to turn up at 7am to collect ill pets and then wait around to re-house them at their own surgeries, quite unnecessary, I think.

When Posh had her lily incident, a few years ago, she was taken in by the on call vets over the new years weekend and when the holiday was over she was transferred by animal ambulance to our own vets larger surgery/hospital until she was checked out and ready to come home.

At least I'm happy to know that Missy is a little better

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #36

A very unhappy scenario. At least she's getting better and eating.

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #37

A very sleepless night last night, every time I heard a bump or scratch I was up out of bed to make sure Missy was ok. Gladly, she was although she had wet herself. All the unsteadyness has knocked her confidence and I had to carry her outside several times today so she could relieve herself.
I think she will be better now her owners are home, she is eating well, drinking etc, it's just going to take time.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #38

How worrying and what a responsibility for you, Elaine ....... I'm pleased to hear Missy is improving.

A pat on the back to you for coping so well under very stressful circumstances

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #39

Dont know about "coping", feel exhausted now and could cry at the drop of a hat. Will feel better tomorrow after a good nights sleep and lots of cuddles from the animals.

Catsey Veteran

15-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #40

Owners just called to say that Missy is continuing to improve, she is no longer being hand fed and can get up for her food. She has also been staggering around a bit more. The owners want me to call round on saturday.