Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #1

Tuesday

morning all, just
took malaika to meet her friends so she's worn out now.
tom and Jerry just lazing around, trouble is every time i go in the kitchen tom hassles me for food, must be his overactive thyroid. I don't mind feeding him often but don't want to keep giving food to big fat Jerry.
tink, hope your mum is feeling ok,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
31-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday

Afternoon all. Not so hot and sunny today but still warm and pleasant. Ceri has been out for a walk with his mate , so I took the opportunity to go to ASDA for few things. Tom is back from his holiday and with us for the day, thankfully he can play outside with his friend Conor

Not much else doing today so just relaxing for now.
Have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #3

Hi Shelley, PP! I have been out for a jolly lunch with a couple of people that I work for, which was lovely. Went to the tea rooms at Stansted and sat outside in the sunshine.

Hate to say this, but the swallows are gathering. Saw a lot up at Stansted and they are beginning to sit on the lines here at home too. OH counted 28, but there are many more. It is EARLY for them to go, even if it's only the first wave. I do love the Autumn season, I love the colours and the crisp mornings and warm days, but seeing the swallows off is always a heartache and I do so miss their calls.

Here is perhaps an odd question - we have noticed a strange crop in fields around us and intend to stop and get a photo. Is there anyone who is likely to be able to identify the crop if I post a photo? We have Googled images to see if we can track it, but no luck. It looks like sweet corn before the ears form, but it's much shorter and the seed heads droop over - there are several fields of it around here.

Enjoy your day peeps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #4

Hi all! It's warm and sunny here, have just returned from a trek around town getting the last of the uniform bits for the boys and grabbing a quick fairtrade coffee cake from one of our few remaining independent coffee shops.

Washing is out, cats are airing, boys are playing upstairs. I'm about to embark on the baking of gluten-free apple and raspberry pies . . . I'm usually completely pants at cake baking so wish me luck!

In between I'll continue with my link-building for our website. Have got us up to page 8 on google for the main serach term (which everyone uses) and page 2 for the second most popular search term. Quite pleased with myself

Just to add, I was very surprised earlier this morning when Fifi started scooting about the kitchen. Initially I was a bit alarmed but then I realised she was chasing after a bit of Sebi's lego She's also been rolling around on her back playfully and seems to be coming out of herself. Her paw isn't looking too bad, the wound is still red, but has scabbed over well. Maybe that's the best it'll get

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
31-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #5

Hairdresser's this morning, just my usual 6 week tidy up and made an appointment for the day of our son's wedding (just under 8 weeks to go)

OH is out at his art group, Morgan is snoozing/dreaming/paws a-twitching and the cats are out in the garden somewhere.

Angie, the swallows are not the only sign of approaching Autumn, our hanging baskets are looking really sad and droopy, the petunias are straggly and not getting many flowers on them now. The sweet peas are also looking horrid, I blame OH as usual he insists he's been feeding them but I'm not so sure he's been using the right sort of feed or maybe not giving them enough. I know he's rubbish at watering, he'll give a big area a quick slosh with half a watering-can full and wonder why things die of drought!

Virgin Media must have come out to fix their junction box thing at some point while we weren't looking, at any rate the cover is now firnly back in place, but our phone still doesn't work Another freephone call coming up I fear, OH says to just leave it until after tomorrow as that's when they said they were going to fix it. He doesn't understand that if we were all like him nothing would ever get done properly, I'm firmly in the "keep on the case 'til it's all sorted out" camp.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #6

Hi all; gorgeous morning here again: 30 C (85 F), sun, low humidity. To the other market earlier, had to water the plants as it's been so dry, no rain in the forecast. Hurricane Earl is on track to pass out to sea, just high surf along the beaches expected at this point.

MrsH, what a nuisance that your phone's still out! Keep nagging, the squeaky wheel gets greased! Yola, good luck with the pies: I find them easier to make than cakes; not much of a baker. Angie, agree it's sad to see the signs of approaching Autumn I've noticed the crickets are chirping at night now. Please do post the mystery plant pic: I'm a City girl but love to play the "identify the plant" game.

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

31-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #7

Angie, been thinking about that plant: did you Google sorghum?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
31-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #8

Evening all - normal day for me today - work and then gym. Hubby is away with work this evening (back tomorrow) so I am going to try and have a relaxing evening, although I have a grocery order being delivered in a min and then I need to phone America and pay for hubbys birthday present (car parts lol)

I did have an order from Next delivered today, needed a new coat and saw a nice pair of boots in there, also some work shoes and a few work tops lol poor neighbour who took it in must have wondered what I had ordered, oh and hubby ordered a pair of trousers.

Cannot decided wether to order a take away tonight or cook hmmm decisions decisions....

Have a good evening everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
31-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #9

Morning, all.
Well it is just pouring down rain here, my goodness. I'm glad we picked up my car yesterday from the shop because my wipers tend to be temperamental, would not want to be driving in this.
Thanks for the thoughts Shelley, I didn't bother phoning my mom last night just called my dad to get the update as she had finally gotten enough pain meds to be comfortable and didn't want to disturb her. Think I'll try to give her a ring this afternoon though to see how she's doing. I'm an emergency contact so no news is good news, I think she is probably fine.
I actually really love the approaching of autumn. Maybe because now that I don't work anymore I actually get to enjoy it (curling up in the warm house with a book looking out the window at it all ). Although I've always loved the wind. I'll stand in it and let it blow my hair around. If it weren't for my fear of some trees falling on the house, I'd adore windstorms. I think they are somewhat magical.
Monkey's skin lesions have vastly improved since his injection of Lupron and I've talked with the doctor and rather than still bring him in for the biopsy this Friday she'd like to do a recheck first to see if it's even needed at all. It's a good sign and I'm hopeful this means it is not subq lymphoma and rather a side effect of adrenal disease. I don't imagine cancer would be affected by a hormone controlling injection so I'm really hopeful about the progress of these lesions clearing up. I feel like it's indicative of not so dire a diagnosis. Also, the lupron is a miracle drug. He is playing like he did when he was young. These injections usually keep the ferret comfortable for several months at a time, not a cure but can make them loads more comfortable until they are ready for surgery so I feel assured I've got several months yet to save up for his adrenal gland removal if need be so that is comforting. The Lupron only costs $40 and it makes them feel better for three to four months at a time--completely worth it in my opinion.
Have a good day, everyone. I'll probably read and laze about as that is what rainy days are for...maybe even con K into taking me to the library

Catsey Veteran

31-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #10

Great news about your Mom, and delighted to hear about Monkey! It's good he's so playful, and do hope surgery won't be needed.

What would we do without libraries? !