Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-08-2010, 09:22 AM   #1

Tempermental Tuesday

It was lovely when I got up at 6.45, very promising, so I put clothes in the machine and hoped for the best. Looks like I'll be drying indoors again it's just thrown a nasty shower and I'm not going to trust it.

All's quiet here, Ceri has just got up and Posh is asleep again after her early morning breakfast and meander outside. Will get on with my housework then go out for a walk later if the showers stop.

Going to see Spamalot in Cardiff tonight with Ceri & my niece. Looking forward to a good chuckle

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #2

Re: Tempermental Tuesday

Well well, thats a fluke I was told I would like Spamalot the late last night. How weird you are going too see it. Hope you enjoy I will await a report.

Cloudy over here but no rain yet this morning, think I am coming down with a cold......unless its the change in the weather getting to me. Any how off to the Docs now to get all clear on returning to work. Then hey the day is my oyster but the oyster will lead me to the shops and then to the garden or vice versa.....

Enjoy your day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
24-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #3

We're just about to have coffee here, I can smell it as I type so it's almost ready. Morgan's just had a little woof at something coming through the letterbox, he's getting so much better at muting his alerts! When I woke up this morning, the cats were sitting on opposite ends of the dressing table like a pair of ill-matched bookends, shame I didn't have a camera under my pillow

Today is sunny so far but I've not seen a forecast so I don't know what's in store. I have ironing to do this afternoon but we might go and look at a new car instead Our Primera has been a good family car but it's V reg (not sure what year that was) it's just passed it's MOT but we've been warned about some things that need doing within the next year and the estimate is £800+ Thinking about buying a Mazda 6, it gets good reviews and best of all Jeremy Clarkson doesn't like it because it's a boring car driven by boring people, that's good enough for me!

(here's what came in the post
circular from L'Occitane offering free shower gel if I spend £30 or more
circular about insurance offering a free Parker pen if we get them to give us a quote
circular from Orange offering 3 months free broadband if we switch to their broadband/calls package
circular from Everest offering at least 35% off plus 10% cashback
and a menu from Domino's!..........................not very interesting post today!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #4

Wow, MrsH I wish that's all I got in the post. Boring would be good, all mine seems to be is bills!

Well it's started raining Oh, but the sun's also just come out Dominik has a football week at his new school and my Mum's sitting Sebi (and the washing that is on the line) so I can get into the office and get some things done.

Our shed was broken into again at the allotment - again, nothing taken. Am meeting Ken's son down there later to survey the damage and pick lots of fruit/veg! My neighbour was sitting the greenhouse and the weather's watered the outdoor plants but I'm sure there is plenty that needs harvesting now.

Must get on, have heaps to get through.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
24-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #5

Dry and warm here, bit windy but blue skies.

Last full day with my kittens as I go back to work tomorrow - I will miss tripping over them. Really love being right under your feet, I'm so frightened I step on them.

Cleaned out hens this morning and done a washing.

OH and myself going to a chinese buffet and then pictures tonight - guess what we are considering? - yep Spamalot - unfortunately as it is down south and theatre then think we'll need to do with Inception instad.!!

PP hope your weather improves, enjoy your walk. Kazz - hope your shopping trip is fruitful and your cold comes to nothing.

Mrs H - I love the smell of coffeee - we had no post today at all. Love the mental pic of your cat bookends, wish you had kept a camera under your pillow.

yola - how annoying that your shed has been broken into again. Wonder what it is that 'they' are looking for? Hope you gather a good harvest today.

Enjoy the day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #6

Big change in the weather, feels like late September!! Only 19 C (67 F), cloudy with threatened showers and will only make 23 C today. Bah! Wearing jeans and a sweater; Leia, who's not a lap cat in Summer is on mt lap now, cold feet! Up to the market, nothing special planned.

Yola, that's so maddening about the continued break-ins!! Hope the cold doesn't develop, Kazz; MrsH, that would have made a great oic, never a camera handy at the right time. CM, enjoy the buffet and movie. PP, hope Spamalot is good.

Have a good day, all...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
24-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #7

Hi all!
Definitely have my coffee and my smokes this morning. I think K felt bad at my haphazard start to the day yesterday so he even threw in some apple pie from the store Funny, I never liked apple pie for 30 years of my life now all of a sudden I am enamored with it. Guess my taste buds needed to mature or maybe this little town is wearing off on me because I have been craving American food more lately wheras I used to detest it
Had a disturbing slew of dreams. I fell asleep on the couch and dreamt Tigger was still alive but this time he only now passed away and it was much less peaceful than his death in 'real life'. Can't help but wonder if that's how his death would have been if we didn't help him to the bridge when we did. Or perhaps I'm just reading too much into things again.
Not sure what I'll do today. It was feeling like fall here too the last several days but today it is sunny and 81 so maybe it is a last hurrah. Fall really is my favorite season though. Love the wind and the dried leaves and Halloween and harvest food....I just think it's the perfect time of year.
Hope you all have had/have a good day!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #8

It is funny how our tastes change as we age. I grew up on good, plain, bland American cooking, and eat things now and have spices and other things in the cupboard that my Mom never heard of. But I bet she'd be proud I turned into a good cook, if I say so as shouldn't !

Glad you got the day started properly this morning! Apple pie, yum! That's a childhood food I'll never outgrow.

Odd about the dream, had you been thinking of Tigger?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
24-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #9

Not really. I mean, I do see his grave from my bedroom window regularly so I suppose he's not too far out of mind. Maybe because of the New Boy? It was odd; I was rushing him to the emergency vet and we didn't make it in time and he struggled and died in my arms in the dream. Really got to me!
It's funny as a kid my mom was always pestering me to eat my pie. Figures now she hardly sees me now I like it