Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
12-09-2022, 06:13 AM   #1

Monday daily.

Good morning ladies. Monday 4.30pm here and it's been a cold day but no rain.. I've been sitting here waiting for the painters to come and start work in the lounge ,but they haven't turned up.Hopefully tomorrow, because we are freezing sitting here at night in the kitchen with no heating. The cats have all been sitting with me as they're cold too. Thank goodness I haven't had any of them shaved yet.

My arm is no better, so the nurse tells me, and my antibiotics have been extended for another week. It does feel less stiff though and the red streaks haven't extended past my elbow, so that's a good sign.I've got to go back on Friday, to have it checked again.

It is interesting that Malaika, Kwame and Barney become very protective of their dog bones. Willow used to become very savage over pigs ears - her eyes would go right back in her head, she'd start snarling and none of us could approach her. I think it was because the pigs ears ,like bones, took some time to eat and so she had to protect them. . Like you, Pamela, I had to stop giving them to her as it made her too dangerous. Shelley, I guess it's important for Malaika to have the bones if they are going to help his teeth, so for goodness sake, watch your hands.!

PAMELA,I'm pleased that your stall on Saturday went well and that you've still got a few items left over for the next one.Many congratulations to Robyn for getting placed in the contest. You must have been thrilled, but then, she is a really beautiful girl. Poor Loonah, though. That 9 mile walk that Steven took Robyn on really tired the poor girl out. Did she manage to get to the puppy class last week or was it too wet? I'm thrilled that Mia is feeling so much better now and is eating again. You must be so relieved. Just take it gently with her for a while, Pamela, and let her build up her strength slowly. Yeah, it is scary when you're in the house on your own, isn't it ? I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like that. BUT you needn't feel scared with three dogs there to protect you. I've got no one ! I haven't even got a TV at the moment to take my mind off it. Hopefully, the room will be done soon and everything will be back to normal again.

SHELLEY,sorry you've been so busy lately. There's always a lot to do when you come home after being on holiday. Hopefully things are all under control now. I've never heard of ostrich bones for dogs but obviously they must be good for them. Let's hope they do the trick and help clean Malaika's teeth and gums. It would have been nice to see your dad last week for dinner. I'm sorry Reuben's eye hasn't improved at all and he's now blind as well as deaf. As Pamela said, dogs do adapt remarkably well and of course, he'd know his way around his own property. I know your dad is looking after him well. I've noticed Miracle tripping over steps lately. She did have minimal vision in one eye, but it seems to have got worse over the last few months so I will need to take her back to Steve (Michele's husband) who specializes in eyes She's quite happy anyway and as feisty as ever. How do your two get on with Reuben ?

Well ladies, I'll go and feed my wee birds now, then see about tea. Just something quick tonight.

Have a super Monday and may the sun shine for you both today.