Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: tabby
04-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #11

Re: My cat won't come inside

Thanks Gladys.

Little update. We took him in last night, but he was screaming the house down, so I let him out. I really don't want to stress him out Today, while I was hanging the washing outside, he came to me. I put spot on him and gave dewarmes, which was overdue. He will not eat anything at home, only takes food from us outside...I know, at heart he is really a house cat and hates cold and rain. So hopefuly he will change his mind then. Good thing is, he is around and I can keep an eye on him.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Short haired cross
05-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #12

Seems to me, your cat can get his food elsewhere, but when it comes to love, he knows which side his bread's buttered, and it's with you.

Best wishes

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: bengal british shorthairs
05-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #13

Hi,
I had the same problem with my cat Cheatah she's a 12 yr old bengal. She started staying out at night and wouldn't come in the house. Like you I could see she was being fed.I then found out she was going to an old couple a few doors from me. I went round to talk to them and could see how much they loved her. I kept bringing her back but she wouldn't stay no matter what I did. Shes still there now she comes now and again to see me but wont come inside.

I'm not saying this is whats happening to your cat but might be worth looking into if you can.
Mandy.

15-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #14

Hi Mandy,

You are right on the money here! Just a minute ago I was passing neighbours house. I saw Gerrard there, so came to say hi to him. He came and greeted me. An old man comes out and we started talking about him. The old couple is feeding him, he comes to their house, fallows them around!
Gerrard went to his side of the fence and was rolling. The old man seems really nice and cares about my cat. I think he chose them over us! Don't know what to do: yes, I could bring him in and keep him inside. But, that would stress him out and he will not be happy. I could leave it as it is now and just accept that he has new home now. At least I will be able to see him around and know now where to find him. God knows why he left: maybe better food, maybe is quieter there.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
15-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #15

Oh I am sorry to read that he has chosen himself a new home. But I suppose it is comfort knowing that they are an older couple who care for him. You never know - he may well come back to you

15-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #16

Thanks Manyana13,

I guess we will be sharing him. I left my and my hubbies phone numbers in case he needs vet treatment. We will continue his insurance. At least I know he is looked after and they seem nice people.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #17

Well, not the outcome you were hoping for; at least you know where he is and that he seems happy and is being well taken care of there too. Who knows why they make the decisions they do.......????

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: bengal british shorthairs
16-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #18

Hi,
Well I'm glad you found out where he is and hes being looked after. The old couple who look after cheetah are really nice and I couldn't take her away from them now.And like you any vet visits I sort out for them. But like the others have said he may come back.
Mandy

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Short haired cross
16-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #19

You are such a lovely owner for Gerrard, because you want to do the best for him.

I know the idea of shared ownership of Gerrard must be difficult for you, but you've done the best by him.

Best wishes

Gladys

17-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #20

Thank you everybody so much. Just talking to you all helped a lot.

Gladys, you are very kind

I am still hoping he will be back with us. And us only