Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #21

Re: Quirky behaviours

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Looking forward to hearing this tale too!!!
One nice Summer day we walked out the back door and there in HIS driveway. to Sultan's great anger, was a very small little sealpoint Siamese girl. A really cute petite little one. Himself puffed up alarmingly and began to make those strange wailing noises that cats do when they are starting the beginning of a fight. It's quite dramatic to watch, he was a big cat and did the puffing and wailing quite well. The little Siamese looked at him. looked at me as if to say "What is the matter with him?", walked directly up to him and smacked him a good one, turned around and sauntered off slowly, tail in the air.....

It was very very hard not to laugh ...

Some weeks later when walking two blocks away we saw the little girl on (presunably) her porch steps .... Sultan crossed the street to walk on he other side ....

Hope I'm not overdoing the Sultan stories, didn't mean to monopolize the thread. Akbar story later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #22

Great story - what a brave wee girlie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #23

We're asking for them Eileen - and they are wonderfully funny ones.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
10-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
One nice Summer day we walked out the back door and there in HIS driveway. to Sultan's great anger, was a very small little sealpoint Siamese girl. A really cute petite little one. Himself puffed up alarmingly and began to make those strange wailing noises that cats do when they are starting the beginning of a fight. It's quite dramatic to watch, he was a big cat and did the puffing and wailing quite well. The little Siamese looked at him. looked at me as if to say "What is the matter with him?", walked directly up to him and smacked him a good one, turned around and sauntered off slowly, tail in the air.....

It was very very hard not to laugh ...

Some weeks later when walking two blocks away we saw the little girl on (presunably) her porch steps .... Sultan crossed the street to walk on he other side ....

Hope I'm not overdoing the Sultan stories, didn't mean to monopolize the thread. Akbar story later.
fantastic story keep them coming

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #25

Akbar story????????? I'm on tenterhooks!

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2011, 01:45 AM   #26

You're encouraging me, and this one truthfully isn't quite as funny as the other two ... remember I live in a part of the City where all the houses are row houses, and back yards aren't very deep, maybe 25 - 30 feet.

Another nice Summer day, we're walking home thru the alley about a block and a half away when a large beautifully marked brown tabby appears in his back yard and spots Sultan. In HIS alley! So he comes to the end of the walk, turns sidewise, puffs up and begins the before-the-cat-fight ritual caterwauling. Sultan, not the least intimidated joined right in, sidewise ,puffing and yowling. And here I am with what looks to be a REAL cat fight approaching, not a bluff, and no water bottle with me to break it up!! Aarrrgh! Akbar inches forward a bit and howls, Sultan inches forward a but and howls too. This goes on till they are getting rather close then ......... thank God ...... the house door opens and a guy pops put saying "Akbar, what is all this commotion about?" He sees what;s going on in an instant .... nervous me at the end of the lead of a very annoyed Aby facing his brown tabby!!. So, he came down the walk, shooed Akbar away, and we went home having saved face, just barely.

I might add that I avoided that alley for quite some time .... too close to a real cat fight. But Sultan was ready to rumble......

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #27

you should write a book Eilleen on your cat tails I love them x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
11-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #28

Just catching up with this thread - I am enjoying it.

Sid used to lie on the end of the settee and wait until anything walked by so he could swipe it. Humans and animals in the house were well aware of this and we just took a slight detour to avoid him.

We forgot to tell a friend who was visiting with her Cairn puppy. Puppy wandered by, Sid swiped. Puppy (who was not hurt) stopped and looked at Sid then, just as we were all about to yell at him, walked right up to the offending paw and licked it. Sid could not believe it - he had to move to the other end of the settee and do some serious washing.

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #29

What a great story, CM! I cam just picture Sid's face .......

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #30

That was great CM and Sid...I love that name too