Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
06-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #1

Quirky behaviours

Things that make your cat unique, their character that seperates them from other cats you own or have owned

Denis has a few:
  • Wanting a cuddle when he comes in or I come home
  • Needing to be put to sleep like a toddler or he gets over tired
  • Sitting in front of OH when he is eating and looking all sad and pathetic, but doesnt want to know him any other time
  • Biting any exposable flesh when he cant get his own way, or knocking things off ledges to get attention
  • Winking back at me when I wink at him
Another cat I had used to sit in front of you while you were eating and squeeze real tears out and Tigger my old boy used to wee in the toilet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
06-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #2

Re: Quirky behaviours

How on earth do you put him to sleep??!?

Will need to think on this for a bit...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #3

Yes, this thread deserves some thought!

A spur of the moment sort of comment though .... Kizzy I would trust completely never to bite nor scratch on purpose, unless she was being medicated or at the vet (which I don't count!). She's only gone to snap once at OH but she stopped herself - she is very self controlled and mainly relies on her good nature and gentle temper.

Pip always makes me smile - he does actually walk the walk and is a proper dude, but is still young and unsure and always runs to me or OH for reassurance, which is very cute!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #4

Denis is a real character.
One of my childhood cats winked too.
I once had a cat called Corky who would hide behind bushes and doors and then leap out at you or the unsuspecting dog.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #5

Challenging dogs. My Aby who was an extremely self-assured cat figured out how to intimidate dogs. When we were out walking (he was on leash) and met a dog (this was before the dogs must be leashed law days) he would stop, flatten his ears a bit then stare fixedly at the dog and walk very slowly toward it. Not typical cat behavior, at all, it used to disconcert 98% of the dogs we met and they would suddenly decide to go home and check on their bone .... the odd times it didn't work is another story .....

Catsey Veteran

06-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
How on earth do you put him to sleep??!?

Will need to think on this for a bit...
He comes for me and we lie on the bed and he has his tummy tickled while I whisper to him and then he feels safe to fall asleep knowing I'm near God he has me wrapped round his little finger!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Denis is a real character.
One of my childhood cats winked too.
I once had a cat called Corky who would hide behind bushes and doors and then leap out at you or the unsuspecting dog.
We have just bought a new table and Denis hides behind that and jumps at me when I walk past, but he wouldnt do that with dogs he hides if anyone comes to the house

Catsey Veteran

06-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Challenging dogs. My Aby who was an extremely self-assured cat figured out how to intimidate dogs. When we were out walking (he was on leash) and met a dog (this was before the dogs must be leashed law days) he would stop, flatten his ears a bit then stare fixedly at the dog and walk very slowly toward it. Not typical cat behavior, at all, it used to disconcert 98% of the dogs we met and they would suddenly decide to go home and check on their bone .... the odd times it didn't work is another story .....
That made me chuckle

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #8

Me too Eileen - think we need to hear the other side too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #9

Solomon sits under the water faucet and gets soaked as I wash dishes..then looks accusingly at me and wails "Maaaaaaa...", while not moving from under the water. That boy is odd.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Me too Eileen - think we need to hear the other side too!
Oh, the time it didn't work? Most embarrassing for Sultan. We met TWO loose dogs, and the glare-stalk- at act did NOT work, so himself promptly dashed up a nearby tree as far as his lead would let him; dogs dancing about and yapping ... quite a dilemma! But fortunately the owner final;ly arrived and called off his dogs and took them away ...... Sultan seemed a bit deflated and not quite himself the rest of the day ....