Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Shorthair
12-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #1

HELP PLEASE!!Fighting cats :(

Hi!! Wondered if anyone may have any advice / suggestions...

I have a cat who is 3 years old, who I got from a neighbours cat near my house.

My next door neighbours have now adopted the mother, who is about 4 years old.

We can not let the cats out at the same time, as the mother just constantly attacks my cat. Not in a playful way, really goes for it. This morning, my cat was out and the mother accidently got out, chased my cat straight out in the road, attacking her. When I finally got my cat in, found one of her mothers claws in her back!!

Especially with it coming up to summer, its not going to be possible to keep them in, and was hoping that someone might have some advice? I really dont know what to do!

Thanks

emsie xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #2

Re: HELP PLEASE!!Fighting cats :(

I really hope another member can suggest something emsie - I have no idea or suggestions, sorry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #3

That's a tough one to try to resolve. Are both these cats spayed?
The only thing I can think of is that either you or your neighbour keep a cat indoors, or if you are on friendly terms with the neighbour, can you get together and sort out some sort of time share routine so that they are not out at the same time?
Do you have an enclosed garden that you could perhaps cat proof? That would enable your cat in her own garden with out fear of being attacked.
Dont know what else to suggest really....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
14-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #4

Now i'm not quite sure if this is possible, but try to get them playing with a toy together outside. You & the neighbor can do this seperately with the cats or as a team.
Get them closer to each other slowly & let them sniff each other...but watch their body language. If one looks like it is going to attack the other, take away the one cat & play with them alone to calm them down & take their mind off of the other cat. Or take them back inside & start again later or even a different day.

The mother cat sees your cat as an enemy & maybe needs to be reintroduced in a positive way towards your cat. So the mother can see that hey this cat isn't too bad after all...

Like I said, not sure if that is even possible or if it will work.
But that was my suggestion....Take Care. Hope they start getting along