Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
30-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #11

Re: Is there anything we can do?

If he is genuinely hungry and not just wanting attention what about one of those timer feeders. Time it to open around the time you get woken up. No idea if this would work but a friend has a dog with IBS and he would wake her up most nights, this worked for him and his condition has improved a bit too.

I know it's a different health issue but you never know.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #12

Good suggestion, CM! Might be worth a try.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
31-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
If he is genuinely hungry and not just wanting attention what about one of those timer feeders. Time it to open around the time you get woken up. No idea if this would work but a friend has a dog with IBS and he would wake her up most nights, this worked for him and his condition has improved a bit too.

I know it's a different health issue but you never know.
I do think sometimes he is attention seeking and wanting us to fuss him as sometimes when he wakes us il sort of roll him over next to me and fuss him for a little while and he will fall asleep-other times i do that the second i stop fussing him he jumps back up crying for his food That is definately a good idea with the timer feeder, i guess the only problem then would be the other two eating it!

You know the wierd thing? AJ slept through the night again last night. I swear he has been on here reading this thread AJ doesnt always get on the bed to sleep like the other two, he usually goes under it. The last 2 nights he has got comfy on the bed with us after lights out and has stayed there until the alarm goes off-maybe thats the trick? getting him settled on the bed with us! Now how can we get him to do that every night?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: mix
19-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #14

about cat flaps as were suggested and you said your cats arent used to wearing collars - there are cat flaps that read the cats microchip, so they don't have to wear collars.

I don't know if you have aleady solved the problem but anyhow i just thought I would let you know